Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #148,471 of 149,872
A Panamera *defines* ugly… YMMV
I can’t say ugly?

PPS: Nannybot doesn’t allow “F” +”ugly” for some weird reason
I don't know if I would call the Panamera f_ugly. It's certainly not winning any beauty pageants, but it could definitely be worse… *cough* Taycan *cough*

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #148,472 of 149,872
Something I did not know about John Mellencamp:

Singer-songwriter John Mellencamp has detailed the startling surgical procedure that saved his life as an infant.

Mellencamp, who was born with spina bifida – a condition where the spine and the membranes around the spinal cord are not properly connected, leaving the spinal cord exposed – underwent the pioneering operation not long after he was born in 1951.

"I had my head cut off when I was six weeks old," Mellencamp tells Esquire. "There were three other kids who had that same operation that day. The other kids died, and I lived. One girl made it for a while, and I used to see her at basketball games. She was paralysed from the neck down. She died when she was about, I don’t know, thirteen."

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #148,473 of 149,872
I don't know if I would call the Panamera f_ugly. It's certainly not winning any beauty pageants, but it could definitely be worse… *cough* Taycan *cough*

Never really got the Porsche thing even though we've got several family members that own/ed them. That appears to be dwindling though...the last two holdouts are my son who has a Taycan. (flippin' whiplash inducing, rocket ship that makes his Mom really nervous) and my brother-in-law who just traded his 911 Cabriolet :rolling_eyes: for a Panamera (yawn)

Not a big fan of the Porsche aesthetics. But they make some fun (well-engineered) cars.

For looks though, I'd take most Italian (or even British) designs...with the exception of Lamborghinis...over the Porsches.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #148,474 of 149,872
Never really got the Porsche thing even though we've got several family members that own/ed them. That appears to be dwindling though...the last two holdouts are my son who has a Taycan. (flippin' whiplash inducing, rocket ship that makes his Mom really nervous) and my brother-in-law who just traded his 911 Cabriolet :rolling_eyes: for a Panamara (yawn)

Not a big fan of the Porsche aesthetics. But they make some fun (well-engineered) cars.

For looks though, I'd take most Italian (or even British) designs...with the exception of Lamborghinis...over the Porsches.
It’s nice to have choices. :)

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #148,477 of 149,872
I don't know who the other band members are, but thats Chuck Leavell on keyboards. Chuck can do no wrong in my book.
Great song!

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #148,478 of 149,872
So much for keeping it stress-free...

A quick set of questions for you Appleonians...

So, I found some music that I wanted to purchase available on Apple Music. Giddy as a schoolboy, I executed the purchase of my sought-after tunes. I Googled ad nauseum and it seems there's no way to BUY/OWN music via Apple Music (which does playback lossless) and I had to use iTunes to execute the purchase. The issue is the download seems to only be available in AAC (lossy) and not ALAC (lossless). It seems that while one can 'download' ALAC versions of music via Apple Music (for local storage and playback), from what I've read it has DRM and can only playback via Apple Music's player/streaming app. So my question(s) is/are:

1. Can one purchase and download lossless ALAC files form Apple's Music Store for playback via Roon?

-- or --

2. Are Apple music purchases only AAC with Apple say FU if you want lossless?

3. Is there something I'm failing to do to secure my purchase in ALAC format?

The music I purchased is not available on Qobuz, so I cannot buy it there. I've only found it on Amazon Music (no purchase and download option) and Tidal (again, no purchase and download option).

The CDs are no longer being mfg'ed and the used market prices for them is INSANE.

Any help would be appreciated.
Discogs? HDTracks?

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #148,480 of 149,872
I hesitate to post this, but @adydula is absolutely right about these tubes! They are an amazing value and sound fantastic in Mjolnir 2! After putting them into Mjolnir 2 with adapters, it was hard to pull myself away from the music for close to 3 hours.

(In the interest of honesty, I just placed an order for 5 more Bendix tubes , for other Schiit gear and to have some back ups before tube hoarders make a run on these tubes 🤣)
Glad you like them!
I ordered a Tungsol as well....we shall see how it works out as well...
Alex

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #148,481 of 149,872
A Panamera *defines* ugly… YMMV
I can’t say ugly?

PPS: Nannybot doesn’t allow “F” +”ugly” for some weird reason
You sir, are bang on there. The interior is one of the top 10 worst I've ever driven.

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #148,482 of 149,872
You know, I don't think there was a Waffle House in Boone back then. We felt fortunate when a Hardees came to town. Of course, fine dining for me back then was Spam and eggs, instead of just Spam. :laughing:
LOL! And here I thought every southern college town had a Waffle House! Hardees biscuits vary widely between restaurants. We have Carls Jr. out here, which is in the Hardees family, and their biscuits vary widely as well, but are lower quality than anything in the south. Oh well...

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #148,483 of 149,872
Kind'a like those California burritos, with fries inside...! And if there are fries inside the doughnuts, I want some BBQ dipping sauce...! 🤫🥴
You guys are making donuts sound supremely nasty all of a sudden. I might have to issue a formal apology to Krispy Kreme. :slight_smile:

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #148,484 of 149,872
LOL! And here I thought every southern college town had a Waffle House! Hardees biscuits vary widely between restaurants. We have Carls Jr. out here, which is in the Hardees family, and their biscuits vary widely as well, but are lower quality than anything in the south. Oh well...
Oh it can be worse...Huddle House

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #148,485 of 149,872
Discogs? HDTracks?
Discogs: Too expensive and shipping from Netherlands adds to the cost.

HD Tracks: No.

Thanks, but I've already secured a lossless copy to go with my AAC lossy one. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back