Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 18, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #148,486 of 149,954
LOL! And here I thought every southern college town had a Waffle House! Hardees biscuits vary widely between restaurants. We have Carls Jr. out here, which is in the Hardees family, and their biscuits vary widely as well, but are lower quality than anything in the south. Oh well...
There's one there now. And a Krispy Kreme. And even a Bojangles! Figures they'd get all the good stuff after I left. 🤣

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #148,489 of 149,954
Only 100 pages until we hit 10000. 5 days at the most. 😎
We could all take a vow of silence on the bottom of page 9,999 - stop posting about cats, cardboard and booze - wait to let Jason open the new millennia with a rant about new home construction timelines. 🤣

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #148,491 of 149,954
You guys are making donuts sound supremely nasty all of a sudden. I might have to issue a formal apology to Krispy Kreme. :slight_smile:
Never forget, Krispy Kremes come in a cardboard box! At least that's how we always got ours 55+ years ago. I still can not eat one without Cashew Guilt overcoming me like a Tidal Wave! Mom is looking down on me and laughing.:L3000::beerchug:

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #148,492 of 149,954
Kind'a like those California burritos, with fries inside...! And if there are fries inside the doughnuts, I want some BBQ dipping sauce...! 🤫🥴
Or like Pittsburgh's Primanti sandwich that shoves everything including fries and coleslaw into a sandwich.

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #148,493 of 149,954
Not even for the McRib? Now that is BBQ done right!! Kidding...but I do love to eat them for some reason. I'm not even sure it's "real" meat. Could be mouse? rat? squirrel? donkey? a combination?
:rolling_eyes:
Mouse? Rat? Sometimes I wonder why you can't buy mouse or rat cat food. Then I remember that people, not cats are buying it.

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #148,494 of 149,954
rant about new home construction timelines. 🤣
Oh no, this is Texas, not California. They're used to building homes.
  • Cali: 7 years, including public hearings and city supervision of the entire construction process (that we paid for) and engineering reviews and threats to rescind all approvals to date based on disagreements with contracted inspectors and fights between various county and city agencies and utilities.
  • Texas: about 18 months, 6 of which is because we took a wrong turn on the home design to start, and 0.36% the cost vs California in permits. These are for similar "difficult" homes--on a sloping lot, weird features, nonstandard layouts, full custom design, etc.
And to be suuuuuper clear, it's different. CA you're gonna be buying in a tract, unless you're an entertainment mogul or tech bro (or live WAYYYYYY out from any city). Texas has tracts and lots and defined builders and lots with free choice and just plain old pieces of land that you can do whatever you want with, it's more of a continuum. There are many billboards in Texas saying, "Got land? Let's build!" I have literally never in my life seen a billboard for a custom home builder in California. Literally. Never.

Again, let's not make this political. Both states have great things and crazy things. But if you're comparing building a custom home, no contest.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 18, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #148,495 of 149,954
This post can definitely be deleted if it's inappropriate but I wanted to let folks who are well-distanced from a Total Wine store know that Oregon Spirit's online purchasing portal is up and running - and it's listing only a few states they cannot ship to. It is operated through a third party who ships the actual product. I'm very excited about the potential to get our whiskey into more people's glasses! 😁

OSD Whiskey Online

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #148,496 of 149,954
Let’s go for chocolate directly instead of messing around. We all know it will end there. And bourbon!
Ok, chocolate and bourbon pairings. go! :wink:

Eastern PA/MD seems a haven for chocolate: Hershey's, Godiva's (NJ), Bomboy's, Josh Early, Blommer, ....

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #148,497 of 149,954
Another long day and worse than usual traffic added more to the stress of the day. Finished dinner and time for a drink and tunes.

Tonight's Jazz recommendation...

1713487990819.png

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #148,498 of 149,954
lol I had no such food choices, I was on the outskirts of the small town of Mooresville In. About its only claim to fame was this…
At 16, Dillinger dropped out of school and began working at a machine shop, where he did very well. At night he always returned home late, creating tension with his father. In 1920 the senior Dillinger sold his property in Indianapolis to retire to a farm in Mooresville, Indiana.

Watch the movie Hoosiers to get a sense of the town sizes in that area. 🤪
Thanks for this share. My mother grew up in a tiny town way north in Indiana. Her high school graduating class size was 8 people for example. My great grandfather was the president of the town's tiny bank, and my grandfather was young and learning the ropes. Dillinger came through town and robbed their bank. My grandfather ran upstairs, grabbed a shotgun, and headed for the upstairs windows to "resolve" the situation. The wooden windows were nailed shut, and he could not open them. This was a good thing, because Dillinger's gang was outside with their guns covering those windows. As my mom told me this story, and as much as I loved my grandfather, all I could think was my mom, sister, and I would not exist if it were not for those windows being nailed shut. Life is crazy, and wonderful. Thanks for trying grandad, but thanks for failing too.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #148,499 of 149,954
This post can definitely be deleted if it's inappropriate but I wanted to let folks who are well-distanced from a Total Wine store know that Oregon Spirit's online purchasing portal is up and running - and it's listing only a few states they cannot ship to. It is operated through a third party who ships the actual product. I'm very excited about the potential to get our whiskey into more people's glasses! 😁

OSD Whiskey Online
I need to try some OSD!

(This is not a beg. It's a reminder to myself.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 18, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #148,500 of 149,954
Ok, chocolate and bourbon pairings. go! :wink:

Eastern PA/MD seems a haven for chocolate: Hershey's, Godiva's (NJ), Bomboy's, Josh Early, Blommer, ....
As someone who lives in PA, Hershey's really isn't very good, it has an odd taste to it. Sarris (in Western PA) and Wilbur's in Lancaster are both significantly better. Not tried the others, will have to give them a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back