Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #148,201 of 149,738
Ah yesss! I remember the Flying Lizard well.

So many great drivers in the ALMS, and also in the various support races. In the SCCA Speed World Challenge in 2004, I watched Cadillac CTS-V driver Andy Pilgrim get punted off the track from near the front in the opening laps, pulling back onto the tarmac in last place. He steadily passed car after car and finished fourth. That was breathtaking driving.

I still have part of the fender from the sister CTS-V that crashed right in front of me in that same race. PIR's front straight chicane is always an entertaining place to be. 😁

ALL ALMS/IMSA and WEC endurance racing is 1000% better than the F1 Sunday parades IMO. Watch the opening 20 laps of Sebring and you will see more passing than an entire season of F1.

Multiclass endurance racing has you seeing a prototype zigging and zagging between slower Ferraris and Corvettes to keep another prototype behind. These "slower" cars top our at 160, btw.

Oh yea - a "sprint" race is just under 3 hours. 6 / 12 / 24 hour races are also out there.

So y'all must excuse me now, I'm all horny for car racing so gotta go watch some more of the Sebring race I never finished. My home town team Ferrari won Daytona, so I gotta see how Sebring went - no spoilers please. Hahaha

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #148,202 of 149,738
Yuck. I've never even heard of that stuff until now.
I think Miracle Whip was the result of some execs at Kraft finally realizing their McMayonnaise sucked compared to Hellmanns (and even Dukes :laughing:), but rather than try and make it taste like something other than paste, they decided to try and poison the entire mayo community. The biggest Miracle is that anyone actually buys it. :laughing:

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #148,205 of 149,738
Stupid question here maybe… My Triangle Esprit Titus Ez is listed “3.8 - 8 Ohm” (90 dB/1 watt). Would they work well with Aegir OG monoblocks?

Also Interested to hear what speakers (no matter size) others have found to be the blending with Aegir OG monoblocks (here will also be Yggy and Kara in the chain).
I have a similar rig. Yggy GS2, Freya S, Lokius and 2 Aegir 1s. Speakers are Martin Logan Motion 30s. I’m very happy with the combination.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #148,206 of 149,738
I think Miracle Whip was the result of some execs at Kraft finally realizing their McMayonnaise sucked compared to Hellmanns (and even Dukes :laughing:), but rather than try and make it taste like something other than paste, they decided to try and poison the entire mayo community. The biggest Miracle is that anyone actually buys it. :laughing:
Eeuweee

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #148,209 of 149,738
I saw Audi deisels race and win IIRC at the Long Beach street race. Spot on about the speed/sound conundrum, but man they launched. Perhaps little known too is Audi raced in the Trans Am Series. Saw them at the same venue with Hans Stuck driving.
Not just raced, but raced and won the Trans Am championship with one of the coolest race cars ever!

IMG_7097.jpeg

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #148,211 of 149,738
With all this racing car talk, any love for Ford vs Ferrari? I thought it was great; only thing I know about racing (not horses) is when ComputerVision brought some of the F1(?) cars its software helped design. Those things were huge!

Also, am I wrong to like:
pTz01T4.png

Ford vs Ferrari was a great and enjoyable film. Those GT40s are awesome!

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #148,212 of 149,738
I've had my LG washer and dryer for 10 years with no problems at all. For TVs, I much prefer Sony though.
.... more pixels than in the washer & dryer 🤪

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #148,213 of 149,738
RT
Not just raced, but raced and won the Trans Am championship with one of the coolest race cars ever!

I didn't know Group 44 ran German iron. I'm more familiar with their British efforts.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #148,214 of 149,738
We got tired of replacing ice makers. It's just the two of us, so we bought a couple of ice cube trays instead. It turns out that once you get used to the routine, it's not a big deal.

That’s how I grew up and once my ice cube maker dies I’m going back to that. Mine needs a cup under the dispenser to catch the random cubes the freezer likes to dispense with no one around. Next time I’ll pay more not to have water and ice part of the fridge/freezer.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #148,215 of 149,738
Always a Bosch dishwasher, whatever else you have. At least IMO.

Fun anecdote: a friend got two "free" Viking dishwashers when he bought a bunch of Viking stuff. I told him that our experience with Viking dishwashers was, ah, not ideal. He said, "Who cares, I have two of them." A year later, both were broken at the same time. YMMV.
We have our Siemens (which is Bosch) dishwasher for 10 years now. We moved 3 times in that period, and the thing survived that all and is still doing its work without signs of aging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back