Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 16, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #148,096 of 149,711
Or play the file on a PC and use Audacity or Total Recorder, for video I've used RedFox for a couple of decades. As for legality, remember blank cassettes, vhs, cd, dvd, nowadays DVR. Use the file for personal use only. If you go 'commercial' with a created file, you may get free room and board at a county, state or federal facility.

Yeah, I have minidiscs full of recorded internet streams from back in the day.

I've found some obscure albums in some unusual internet locations. (No not torrents) There's a Jazz project website you can get some old Parliament Funkadelic lossless downloads for example.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #148,097 of 149,711
Since I actually did purchase Jan Akkerman's 'North Sea Jazz Festival' album from Apple and downloaded the legally purchased AAC file, I did not feel conflicted in securing a lossless FLAC version by what could be considered dubious means. :wink:

Thanks to the 'hive' and all that helped.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #148,098 of 149,711
Stupid question here maybe… My Triangle Esprit Titus Ez is listed “3.8 - 8 Ohm” (90 dB/1 watt). Would they work well with Aegir OG monoblocks?

Also Interested to hear what speakers (no matter size) others have found to be the blending with Aegir OG monoblocks (here will also be Yggy and Kara in the chain).
Probably not in mono block setup. I've had BR08's and now 40th anniversary Antals, and they work well in small/medium room with single Aegir (I do not blast it) but was advised on two different forums not to bother getting a second. If one isn't enough it was Vidar time, but luckily one was enough. This is Aegir OG and I can't speak to the 2's. One Aegir OG should be fine for bookshelf Triangles honestly.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #148,099 of 149,711
$39 and might keep you honest: https://www.ebay.com/itm/226093531749 - however it's an auction and @bcowen might bid it up to $500 when he finds out that Akkerman was MM's great lost uncle or something.

Includes the DVD too, which apparently was a digital format used a long time ago to capture your soul in a series of moving images. Spooky. :ksc75smile:

Could shop waaaay out of state: https://albamusic.hu/termek/akkerman-jan-north-sea-jazz-legendary-concerts-cddvd-digi-2013/
Lol! No danger of me bidding on a jazz album. But I wasn't aware that Ebay had anything besides tubes. Very interesting. 🤣

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #148,100 of 149,711
Shopping for a four door as well, but Whirlpool this time.

Mostly I am listening to my wife, she usually deals with the large thing in the kitchen where I keep my beer. 🤪
The Samsung at work (7 yrs old) has frozen up so many times nobody wants to mess with it. The other fridge is a Whirlpool. Same age and is going strong without issues.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #148,101 of 149,711
The Samsung at work (7 yrs old) has frozen up so many times nobody wants to mess with it. The other fridge is a Whirlpool. Same age and is going strong without issues.
Ours continually froze up after attempts were made by Samsung repair people to solve the issue. Finally water started dripping down from the top of the refrigerator so it’s time to move on. We had to constantly unplug the fridge and wait for the internal waterline to thaw.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #148,102 of 149,711
Ours continually froze up after attempts were made by Samsung repair people to solve the issue. Finally water started dripping down from the top of the refrigerator so it’s time to move on. We had to constantly unplug the fridge and wait for the internal waterline to thaw.
We're running a 10 year old Kitchen Aid and it's still problem free.

Oh, just my luck. Now that I've said that...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #148,103 of 149,711

I use Frigidaires in a rental and they are fine. At the time we got the Samsung the consumer reports history seemed fine and modern models may well perform better. It is never easy to know what will happen 5-10 years down the road till the issues begin.

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #148,104 of 149,711
This morning our wonderful French door Samsung refrigerator decided to develop an internal leak so I need to shop tomorrow for a different brand.
A friend of mine has been through four of them in the last three years. The delivery guys at Best Buy know him by his first name. I think I'll stick with Whirlpool for refrigerators and Samsung for TVs in the future.

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #148,105 of 149,711

Yeah, thanks... I just went downstairs to get a coffee, and my 2 year old Kitchen Aid 'fridge is making a loud knocking noise... I hope that's the defrost cycle and not a call for replacement.

So much for Whirlpool, I guess. Next?

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #148,106 of 149,711
Probably not in mono block setup. I've had BR08's and now 40th anniversary Antals, and they work well in small/medium room with single Aegir (I do not blast it) but was advised on two different forums not to bother getting a second. If one isn't enough it was Vidar time, but luckily one was enough. This is Aegir OG and I can't speak to the 2's. One Aegir OG should be fine for bookshelf Triangles honestly.
Helpful information. Thanks. How do the 40th anniversary Antal's sound compared to the BR08s?

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #148,107 of 149,711
I did not interpet it as 'real' relationships, but just songs about relationships, whether real or fictional. The song I was thinking about 'You're so Vain', which may have been about a real relationship, but it remains a mystery as whether it was and if so, who. (AFAIK)
I thought that I had heard (more than once) that "You're So Vain" was about Warren Beatty.

May not be true, and I'm too lazy to look it up, so YMMV... <g>

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #148,108 of 149,711
T
I thought that I had heard (more than once) that "You're So Vain" was about Warren Beatty.

May not be true, and I'm too lazy to look it up, so YMMV... <g>
That's the general consensus, but it was never revealed by Carly Simon, AFAIK.

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #148,109 of 149,711
Helpful information. Thanks. How do the 40th anniversary Antal's sound compared to the BR08s?
Significantly better, but the BR08's were a steal for the price. The Antals were on $500 discount at the time and they gave me more than I paid on the BR08's as trade in at my local dealer so I kind of had to, but still feel like I should have kept for my family room tv setup.

Audio is always about chasing the next upgrade, but I'm lucky to at least be dead set on brands for my ears after all my experimenting (Schiit for DACs and amplification, ZMF for headphones, Triangle for speakers).

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #148,110 of 149,711
I can't answer your question, though I've wondered the same thing about using Aegir (II or OG) monoblocks with my Triangle Borea BR08s, which have similar specs to the Esprit Titus Ezs. I had the impression that due to the occasional dips to 3.8 ohms it might be an iffy combination. Others could answer more definitively. I'd also like to ask if you have been using the Kara and if so how you like it.
Just got the Kara today - so I cannot say schiit yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back