Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #145,771 of 149,564
Worth to listen the conversation and the music.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 22.49.29.png

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #145,772 of 149,564
I haven't been to the USA in ~20 years, despite the border being 45 minutes away and family not-too-distant in Indiana. Work, life, and other things just meant putting off going there. This year, I'll be making 2-3 trips over the border. Nephew's wedding and consulting on an observatory project will take me to the land of John Mellencamp, Crystal Gayle, and the Indy 500. This means I can haul more of the telescopes and other gear that's been gifted to me back to my Canadian home, and it's a great opportunity to buy some Schiit components to be delivered to my brother's place. The only question is what to purchase (and also, should I purchase...). I do want to beef up the speaker rig in the basement family room, but the majority of my listening so far is with headphones in my main floor reading room. Speaker amp(s) and/or preamp and or DAC, or yet another headphone amp (Mjolnir 3)? There could be Tyrs of a clown when my wife watches me unload the car on my return sometime in late June...

Just some holiday morning musing over a cup of tea. GAS is indeed a problem (that can't always be cured by GAS-X or Beano).
I am in the town of Mellencamp, he is often seen locally. Last time I saw him in a restaurant Meg Ryan was with him.😁

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #145,773 of 149,564
I haven't been to the USA in ~20 years, despite the border being 45 minutes away and family not-too-distant in Indiana. Work, life, and other things just meant putting off going there. This year, I'll be making 2-3 trips over the border. Nephew's wedding and consulting on an observatory project will take me to the land of John Mellencamp, Crystal Gayle, and the Indy 500. This means I can haul more of the telescopes and other gear that's been gifted to me back to my Canadian home, and it's a great opportunity to buy some Schiit components to be delivered to my brother's place. The only question is what to purchase (and also, should I purchase...). I do want to beef up the speaker rig in the basement family room, but the majority of my listening so far is with headphones in my main floor reading room. Speaker amp(s) and/or preamp and or DAC, or yet another headphone amp (Mjolnir 3)? There could be Tyrs of a clown when my wife watches me unload the car on my return sometime in late June...

Just some holiday morning musing over a cup of tea. GAS is indeed a problem (that can't always be cured by GAS-X or Beano).
You've got a great preamp and an excellent DAC. I'd vote for a speaker amp...or 2 😁

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #145,774 of 149,564
You've got a great preamp and an excellent DAC. I'd vote for a speaker amp...or 2 😁

...but they're for the headphone stack! The speaker system sounds great, but I wonder how it would sound with some of that special Schiit sauce added....

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #145,775 of 149,564
HEAVEN!!!
I hope to visit NC soon as another old friend from UK has invited me over.
He lives in Charlotte and really likes living there.
He stayed with us here in the UK last month and even though he knows his English beers- we grew up drinking Fullers and Young’s in London- he had his first ever pint of draught Bass in my ‘local’.
He thought it was fantastic!
That’s one thing you can’t get in the States- it’s hard enough to find in England now!
My thanks to @Roy G. Biv- who I had the pleasure of meeting in person whilst in Dallas- for introducing me to Mexican beer.
It is quite remarkable that we now know each other purely as a result of this forum.
Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #145,776 of 149,564
I am in the town of Mellencamp, he is often seen locally. Last time I saw him in a restaurant Meg Ryan was with him.😁

That's about 150 or so miles from my brother's place, not far from Fort Wayne. He has not reported any sightings of either of those celebs.

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #145,777 of 149,564
...but they're for the headphone stack! The speaker system sounds great, but I wonder how it would sound with some of that special Schiit sauce added....
As best I remember, the established formula is: Canada + Winter = Tubes. :laughing:

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #145,778 of 149,564
He stayed with us here in the UK last month and even though he knows his English beers- we grew up drinking Fullers and Young’s in London- he had his first ever pint of draught Bass in my ‘local’.
That’s one thing you can’t get in the States- it’s hard enough to find in England now!
My thanks to @Roy G. Biv- who I had the pleasure of meeting in person whilst in Dallas- for introducing me to Mexican beer.
It is quite remarkable that we now now each other purely as a result of this forum.
Charlotte is a great town. Has a really nice vibe. Clean. A nice blend of old and modern. Beautiful trees. Great southern food (2nd best BBQ - although the gap between #1 Texas and #2 NC is quite the chasm!!). An overabundance of pubs and breweries. I enjoy going back every year to visit my dad and brother. I think you will really enjoy your visit.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #145,779 of 149,564
It is quite remarkable that we now now each other purely as a result of this forum.
Indeed. Meeting friends here that became real friends is something I will treasure for the rest of my life.
The people that got helped with the few medical projects I could support with money coming from this thread, are also numerous. (as far as they're still alive that is)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #145,780 of 149,564
Brookings, OR is one of my favoritest places ever!
There's a cool cabin in the forest north of Brookings that my family and I will rent when we want to deep dive into the redwoods. Neat area with very temperate weather. It can be 98°f in Bend and be only 73° down there!

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #145,781 of 149,564
I was trying to give a sensible answer, lol. But it sounds like you need to move Gungnir and Freya to your speaker setup with a to-be-determined amp(or 2). Then add Mjolnir 3 with a Gungnir 2 or Yggy GS2 to your headphone stack 😬🤣😂

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #145,782 of 149,564
Nah, I was offering Oregon Spirit Straight American Bourbon Whiskey, but I could track down some Bullrun if you favor it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Actually this evening I am (potentially over-)enjoying one of six 750s of Buffalo Trace that I bought at the local boutique grocery for $19 a bottle.
When I went back the next day, it was re-priced at $29, on sale. Clearly someone misread the price sheet. My gain is their loss...
I love happy accidents like that!

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #145,784 of 149,564
Indeed. Meeting friends here that became real friends is something I will treasure for the rest of my life.
The people that got helped with the few medical projects I could support with money coming from this threat, are also numerous. (as far as they're alive that is)

Agree.
At 2009, I visited a friend, we know each another at a photography forum, he is Swedish, I spare some time at my Germany trip to fly to Stockholm and take a train to Linköping to meet him in real, I only stayed there for 24 hours, but it is precious, I learnt a lot from him.

By the way, he is a carpenter when young, love flowers and birds, knows almost everything about it, later he study and became a professor in the University there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back