Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 16, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #14,072 of 144,018
His name is Thor? My what a coincidence!
/s

I'm sorry, but this is obviously a blatant attempt to curry favor with Jason and an to increase your reputation points.

Just Kidding, I am just jealous because my wife is allergic to dogs and I cannot have one.

Yep. I am Awaiting my free swag as we speak. 

He is a Norwegian Elkhound. So of course we had to go with the Bad @ss Norse Names. The Name Choices were between Thor (My Choice) and Loki (the Wife) On the 5 Hour drive home from the breeder he Made his case. He Kept passing Gas and every time we got a whiff it was like a Hammer to the Face.  

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #14,073 of 144,018
I have a couple of questions regarding Saga, just out of curiosity:

1.- Can this device work in the passive mode without having a tube inserted in it?
2.- If there is a tube inserted, when the passive mode is selected, does the tube remain energized? Basically, I want to know if using Saga in the passive mode helps to extend the tube's life.

Regards!

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #14,074 of 144,018
Good question.  I personally have no interest in tubes.  I get it that Schiit is giving people real choice here but for me the tube just gets in the way.  If I had to replace it just to use the gear even if I was not using the tube capability of the device, that would be a real annoyance.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #14,075 of 144,018

1.- Can this device work in the passive mode without having a tube inserted in it?
2.- If there is a tube inserted, when the passive mode is selected, does the tube remain energized? Basically, I want to know if using Saga in the passive mode helps to extend the tube's life.

Regards!

3.  Are those WIMAs in the signal path?

I'm of a newer vintage engineer than Mike and Jason - graduated in 2000 - they stopped teaching tubes before I went through EE.

So, I don't know if it is possible to build a tube amplifier without having a DC blocking cap on the output.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #14,077 of 144,018

Regards!

1. Of course.
2. Yes, the tube is active all the time. As I posted before, if you don't want it, just leave it out. Or wait for octal LISST.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 16, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #14,078 of 144,018

1. Of course.
2. Yes, the tube is active all the time. As I posted before, if you don't want it, just leave it out. Or wait for octal LISST.

Hello Jason, 
Sorry to highjack this question, but I'm looking forward to Freya arriving on British shores (soon hopefully).
Is this the same with Freya? If the tubes are in they are energised regardless of using the passive or SS stage?

Thank you!

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #14,079 of 144,018
I actually prototyped a 20W per channel desktop amp a couple of years back, and abandoned it, because it would be probably a $249-299 product. I figured the high cost would make it a no-go.

If I was to go back to this product, I'd re-do it in the current-feedback architecture. The old design was a conventional Lin-topology, MOSFET-output amp. But I'm not convinced there's enough demand for it. Am I overlooking something?
I would 100% be interested in this! I think it would be ideal for nearfield systems where the $700 Vidar is too large and expensive.

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #14,080 of 144,018
HI Guys!
I got the Magni 2 uber and Modi 2 uber but the USB connection doesn't work. I use the AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to B-Male - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters).
I have windows 10 and I get this error: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I tried uninstall driver and plug to different sockets but no luck.
I tried installing the Schiit_USB_Gen2_W10_1_01 but it say “Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device”.

With optical cable it works fine.
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #14,081 of 144,018
  HI Guys!
I got the Magni 2 uber and Modi 2 uber but the USB connection doesn't work. I use the AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to B-Male - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters).
I have windows 10 and I get this error: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I tried uninstall driver and plug to different sockets but no luck.
I tried installing the Schiit_USB_Gen2_W10_1_01 but it say “Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device”.

Its Windows 10. I have Modi 2 Uber That does the same thing on Win 10 and works Fine on Win 7

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #14,082 of 144,018
  HI Guys!

I just succeeded! for those who will have the same issue:
1. Uninstall the old driver from control panel. I chose not to reboot here.
2. Shut down the Modi
3. Run the Setup.exe (from the Schiit_USB_Gen2_W10_1_01)
4. When it askes to connect the device - turn on the Modi and click Next
5. Now it will install the driver!

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #14,083 of 144,018
For us old guys, with a Mani and TT, and a reel to reel, and a cassette player, and a tube FM stereo tuner, and CD player, and a SYS, and a MODI MB, and a big ass quad KT88 x2 amp, we now have our dream system. Thank you Jason and Mike and all the other guys. 

Except for the minor problem that to get full use out of a reel to reel and a cassette player, a tape loop would be handy....

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #14,084 of 144,018
Do you think Schiit will have a presence at AXPONA in regards to the new 2-channel equipment? I'd like to audition it and I live in Chicago, so that would be easy.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #14,085 of 144,018
  Do you think Schiit will have a presence at AXPONA in regards to the new 2-channel equipment? I'd like to audition it and I live in Chicago, so that would be easy.

Yes, we will be at Axpona, as well as the New York CanJam in 2017. Time to get out of the house some more (or at least away from the West Coast.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back