Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 15, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #14,042 of 144,019
Nov 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #14,045 of 144,019
As long as we're proofreading, the Yggy manual pg 7 has the VCO/VCXO Indicator as #5, should call it out as #6.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #14,046 of 144,019
Page 7 item 4. Input Select of the Yggy in the manual lists (from left to right?):  USB, AES/EBU, BNC, Coax, Toslink.

From Left to Right the front of my unit is: USB, Toslink, Coax, BNC, AES/EBU.
From Left to Right on the rear panel is also: USB, Toslink, Coax, BNC, AES/EBU

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #14,048 of 144,019
Looking forward to making this part of my first 2 channel setup! 

Jason, I'm sorry if I missed this in one of your posts, but why did you use screws on the Freya and Saga as opposed to the internal fasteners on the Jot? Just curious about the design choices. Thanks!

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #14,049 of 144,019
If I understand the Saga correctly, I can put it between my Mimby and Magni 2 Uber, and use it in passive mode as a volume attentuator, or fire up the tube and essentially turn my Magni into a tube amp?  Probably overkill for this, but can it be used this way?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking of getting a SYS between my Mimby and Magni so I can drop the input volume to the Magni.  Right now, I have to turn the volume on my computer to about 50% in order to run the Magni at a comfortable volume, but above the channel imbalance that kicks in at the bottom of the volume knob.  I am also thinking of trying a tube amp when my HD6XXs show up, so I thought a Saga might achieve both these needs with one device.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #14,050 of 144,019
It will do what you are asking but it's technically not an amp, you would still use the Magni as the amp and leave it's volume at a higher setting, using Saga to lower the volume to the proper level. As for the tube question, the majority of the tube effect is in the preamp so you will not be driving your whole volume range with tube but you will be experiencing a tube sound.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #14,055 of 144,019
ok... I know this is a similar scenario, but I just want to get my brain onboard.  I have a gumby and a liquid carbon 2.0.  If I it put a Freya between the two, I will essentially have a remote volume control for the liquid carbon in passive mode, yes? 

If I activate the tube on the Freya, it will add tube sound to the carbon, but not to the extent of having say a Valhalla 2? 

How loud would I have to put the volume on the liquid carbon to get range out of the remote volume? 

And Lastly, I would want the digital volume control at the source (MacBook) at 100 percent?  My brain thanks you for your replys in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back