Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #120,586 of 152,169
Funny story. The Ford Probe was slated to be called the Mustang 3. True if not crazy. Personally I really like the look of the Mach-e. I could debate whether or not is should be the Mustang Mach-e.
Bottom line is it doesn't matter what any of us think, Ford made the decision to make this vehicle part of the Mustang product line - in name, in styling cues, and in performance. It's their company. I drive one, I love it, and I think it more than deserves to be part of the Mustang family. Anyone deriding this vehicle because it's an EV or a crossover-type vehicle or because it uses the Mustang name, but who has not driven one, is just making noise. By the way in another year or so the all-electric Mustang Coupe should be out as well. Will people attack it? Probably. Those people need to realize that time moves on...

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #120,587 of 152,169
I also jumped on the EV train and put an order in for the upcoming Volvo EX30. Not a huge fan of lacking physical buttons or driver’s dash, but otherwise it feels like a space ship compared to my trusty ol’ C30.

IMG_9096.jpeg

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #120,588 of 152,169
I also jumped on the EV train and put an order in for the upcoming Volvo EX30. Not a huge fan of lacking physical buttons or driver’s dash, but otherwise it feels like a space ship compared to my trusty ol’ C30.

I like the Volvo-designed Polestar as well.

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #120,589 of 152,169
I like the Volvo-designed Polestar as well.
I was close to ordering Polestar 2, but the base model had some idiotic design choices like missing adaptive cruise control, but still having the buttons on the wheel for it (that didn’t do anything). Decided to wait for the EX30 reveal, and I’m glad I did.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #120,591 of 152,169
I'm probably going to be jumping on the Tesla bandwagon before the end of the year.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #120,592 of 152,169
Coming from a 18mpg Jaguar F-Pace SVR 550hp supercharged V8 to the I Pace. I'm not suffering at all.

IMG_20230623_125552.jpg

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #120,593 of 152,169
Coming from a 18mpg Jaguar F-Pace SVR 550hp supercharged V8 to the I Pace. I'm not suffering at all.

The I-Pace was my first choice, actually, to replace my Tesla Model S. But when I compared it to the Mach-E I chose extended range battery over higher performance. But that Jag is one heck of a nice machine, congrats.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #120,594 of 152,169
Call me crazy, call me daft. I listen to a lot of recordings that require some EQ tweaking, many were recorded live on the fly at Grateful Dead concerts. Either by the sound crew, or by people in the audience who snuck in recording gear (one fellow I met always went in a wheelchair to bring in his kit). And even though my McIntosh preamp has a built in EQ (and a much needed balance control), I ordered a Loki Max in black last night. If it doesn't sound better as an EQ than what's in my current Pre it goes back to Cali and someone gets a deal. I suspect the tech Jason put in that baby will make it a lifelong companion in my system. Call me crazy! :joy_cat:

PS- I ordered it before URD goes live and screws up the shipping department. :smirk_cat:

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #120,595 of 152,169
People did not like the "Mustang II" all that much either and Ford considered it a "Mustang" but many people did not. People can vote with their wallet and can speak their mind. Those that feel other wise should try thinking instead of feeling and just buy what you want. The Mustang e reminds me some what of a modern day AMC Pacer. Those that like it can buy it and it does not harm me. Those that do not like will not buy it and their choice will not harm those that buy it but instead free up another Mudstain e for those that do like 'em. My brother calls my Mustang a Mudstain. :ksc75smile:

Ad infinitum. Ad nauseam.

Jun 29, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #120,596 of 152,169
Funny story. The Ford Probe was slated to be called the Mustang 3. True if not crazy. Personally I really like the look of the Mach-e. I could debate whether or not is should be the Mustang Mach-e.
I think it should be called the Angry Probe. I hope driving it is more fun than was my last colonoscopy, which it (shudder) reminds me of.

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #120,597 of 152,169
I think it should be called the Angry Probe. I hope driving it is more fun than was my last colonoscopy, which it (shudder) reminds me of.

I owned a 1989 Ford Probe GT in arrest me red. It was a pretty fun car though the torque steer on the little 4 cylinder tyrbocharged engine was fairly severe if you put your foot in it. Loved the hatchback and it was a remarkably practical car for a 2 door. Never would have gotten a Mustang and the Probe GT remains the only Ford product I have ever owned. Different cars for different folks!

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #120,598 of 152,169
My system is grid tied but not grid dependent. I want to be able to use the grid if needed and I also have the ability to be off grid with a 20kw battery pack. If the grid goes down which it does here too frequently I operate off grid. Plus my home is licensed as a generating site and I can supply power back into the grid. Right now my utility bill balance is $182 that they owe me. So if you can, it’s worth doing in my opinion. Oh yea I also drive an electric car and charge it from my home system unless I’m out on a road trip.

I wanted to do the same when the first decent in home battery systems came out. Alas, with the microinverter system our panels use it isn't all that practical, thus a grid-tied system. Still, we do get credits when we produce more than we use, which is pretty much always from May to September (my last bill was -94.12) and we have had at least one electric car charged exclusively at home unless on a trip for more than a decade.

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #120,599 of 152,169
Bottom line is it doesn't matter what any of us think, Ford made the decision to make this vehicle part of the Mustang product line - in name, in styling cues, and in performance. It's their company. I drive one, I love it, and I think it more than deserves to be part of the Mustang family. Anyone deriding this vehicle because it's an EV or a crossover-type vehicle or because it uses the Mustang name, but who has not driven one, is just making noise. By the way in another year or so the all-electric Mustang Coupe should be out as well. Will people attack it? Probably. Those people need to realize that time moves on...
Actually if I were to buy a EV today I'd most likely go for that white Mach-e, just so you know I wasn't needling you. My favorite car I owned was my 1993 Probe GT and it was white with Grey leather (and a 5 speed manual transmission).

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #120,600 of 152,169
As promised I would keep you updated on the Ukraine fundraiser.
Kevin did tremendously good work and we're almost there.
Due to some misunderstandings in Euro's and Dollars we need a little tweak to get everything we have or get in the coming weeks to Poland and then to Ukraine.
@gljus will come with a small Go Fund Me page to raise the last €575 that we currently miss.
I guess that problem will be fixed in no time at all.
So please keep up the good spirit and you will give life to hundreds of people. Literally.

When this project is done and I have more time I will visit this forum thread like old times and give my earnest and honest comments like most of you are used to read from me. It's a shame that so much time escapes you when working in conflict situations.
Even the coming of the Urd went totally unnoticed.
So my friends keep up the good vibes and thank you so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back