Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 29, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #120,601 of 152,545
As promised I would keep you updated on the Ukraine fundraiser.
Kevin did tremendously good work and we're almost there.
Due to some misunderstandings in Euro's and Dollars we need a little tweak to get everything we have or get in the coming weeks to Poland and then to Ukraine.
@gljus will come with a small Go Fund Me page to raise the last €575 that we currently miss.
I guess that problem will be fixed in no time at all.
So please keep up the good spirit and you will give life to hundreds of people. Literally.

When this project is done and I have more time I will visit this forum thread like old times and give my earnest and honest comments like most of you are used to read from me. It's a shame that so much time escapes you when working in conflict situations.
Even the coming of the Urd went totally unnoticed.
So my friends keep up the good vibes and thank you so far.
Thank you Pietro! :pray:

Jun 29, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #120,602 of 152,545
I owned a 1989 Ford Probe GT in arrest me red. It was a pretty fun car though the torque steer on the little 4 cylinder tyrbocharged engine was fairly severe if you put your foot in it. Loved the hatchback and it was a remarkably practical car for a 2 door.
I had one in the electric Sea Green. Great little car.

Y'all hitting my envy bone with all the great EV shoutouts. I'll be sticking with my 2014 BMW i3 Range Extended for a little (long?) while longer.

Those Volvos almost made me "upgrade..."

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #120,603 of 152,545
All this EV/ car talk makes me think of Rush - Red Barchetta

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #120,604 of 152,545
I want to make a small post in appreciation of Schiits littlest DAC

Now that ive sent my Yggdrasil in for the + upgrade, to keep listening to my music/gaming/netflix I dug out my old, long neglected Modi 3 and installed it in place in my chain, with some cable changes such as RCA cables instead of my normal XLR and I have to say, its not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Now dont get me wrong, the Yggdrasil is much better ofc with improved dynamic contrast, transient response, texture, timbre and an actually out of the head soundstage, yet my thought as I listen to this is "its really not that bad" its not the horrible experiance I thought it was going to be (every other part of chain (including headphones) has dramatically improved since I got the Modi years ago) I thought it was going to be pure torture or something but while not a impressive sound like the Yggdrasil its surprisingly respectable, major props to Schiit for not ignoring the totally budget option.

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #120,605 of 152,545
Call me crazy, call me daft. I listen to a lot of recordings that require some EQ tweaking, many were recorded live on the fly at Grateful Dead concerts. Either by the sound crew, or by people in the audience who snuck in recording gear (one fellow I met always went in a wheelchair to bring in his kit). And even though my McIntosh preamp has a built in EQ (and a much needed balance control), I ordered a Loki Max in black last night. If it doesn't sound better as an EQ than what's in my current Pre it goes back to Cali and someone gets a deal. I suspect the tech Jason put in that baby will make it a lifelong companion in my system. Call me crazy! :joy_cat:

PS- I ordered it before URD goes live and screws up the shipping department. :smirk_cat:
You will love Loki Max. I wouldn't ever part with mine.

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #120,606 of 152,545
You will love Loki Max. I wouldn't ever part with mine.
After the tailoring of one's music, the bestest thing about the Loki Max is how it pisses off traditional or "old school" frAudiophiles. They loathe Equalisers as they feeeeeeeeeeel it detracts from the way the fArteest demanded you hear the music. Or some crap like that.

I am glad that you and others hear and enjoy all variations of the Loki. And yes. I spelled it "hear" on purpose. :beerchug:

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #120,607 of 152,545
Funny story. The Ford Probe was slated to be called the Mustang 3. True if not crazy.
When the Ford Probe first came out, there was a joke going around, "Which car do proctologists drive?". Ever since then, it's been the first thing on my mind whenever I hear about the Ford Probe.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #120,608 of 152,545
All this EV/ car talk makes me think of Rush - Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta still my favorite Rush song. I don't know if it's better than the CD version, but Moving Pictures was the third HiRes DL that I purchased when HiRes was becoming a thing. For those wondering, SRV's Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand The Weather were my first HiRes purchases.

All these years later and the jury is still out as to whether HiRes is worth it IMO. None of my HiRes purchases sound bad, but they don't sound noticeably better on my system. As always, YMMV.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #120,609 of 152,545
For all the car enthusiasts:

MidgetMustang.jpg

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #120,610 of 152,545
deleted. Oopsie.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #120,611 of 152,545
That is the dividing line between a boss and a leader. I've worked for both and strive to be the latter.
Equipment, numbers and inventory (among other things) can be managed. People must (and deserve to be) be led.

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #120,612 of 152,545
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Sleeping Bag....... ZZ Top

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #120,613 of 152,545
When I read "Midget Mustang" I always think of the airplane. A nice "G" registered example for @golfbravobravo :)

MM2.jpeg

Jun 30, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #120,614 of 152,545
Or this …
E26F955D-B1CD-43CA-B02B-8108AA05E9FE.jpeg

Jun 30, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #120,615 of 152,545

Users who are viewing this thread

Back