Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 28, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #120,557 of 152,136
So, Chevrolet decided to cease production of the Camaro after the upcoming model year.

But it's not all bad news; they also say that "this is not the end of Camaro's story."

…which probably means that it'll be back as an electric crossover.
1687967896666.png

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #120,559 of 152,136
A big thing in Texas are pickle beers. Some are really neat (think Gose with a bit of pickle spice) and some are so salty and sour that, well, might as well mix some tequila in the pickle jar. Which is also a thing...

Urd assembly has commenced. We may not launch this week, but looks like next week if we don't make it by Friday. In the meantime, here's the final manual, which should address any questions about pause/skip/ff/etc:

Urd Manual
Ok, I'm not cutting my hair again until the Urd is released.

(Glad I didn't say that three years ago).

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #120,560 of 152,136
Jun 28, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #120,563 of 152,136
Jun 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #120,564 of 152,136
My condolences.
Well, as with most things it's adapt or die. I really do enjoy my job and most was tongue-in-cheek with a bit of truth, but I gotta say that it can be quite challenging at times with some of the challenges fun and some not so much. I'm doing well at the non-IT Education stuff they say, but I do hold myself to a high standard and not knowing what I don't know is not something I can easily accept. I like to be proactive and while I do well in reactive mode, it can be quite draining and result in sleepless nights. But honestly, l have a great team and as the song says... it's getting better all the time. 😀

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #120,565 of 152,136
Well, as with most things it's adapt or die. I really do enjoy my job and most was tounge-i-cheek with a bit of truth, but I gotta say that it can be quite challenging at times with some of the challenges fun and some not so much. I'm doing well at the non-IT Education stuff they say, but I do hold myself to a high standard and not knowing what I don't know is not something I can easily accept. I like to being proactive and while I do well in reactive mode it can be quite draining and result in sleepless nights. But honestly, l ha e a great team and as the song says... it's getting better all the time. 😀
Having been in Corp America for many, many years, before I retired, I have a thought for you. I could recognize a failure in upper management immediately when they thought they were smarter, better, than the previous person in the position. They wouldn't be in charge if they weren't! Right? They didn't think about what they didn't know (unlike you). A great leader realizes what they don't know and are humble enough to admit it and surround themselves with those that do know what the leader doesn't

Leo.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #120,567 of 152,136
Edit: I'm jealous of your years in Scotland (except for the midges)! My wife and I spent 2 weeks there in 2019, and we fell in love with the Isle of Skye. When when we retire we're planning on spending a few months there, hiking and giving our cameras a workout on the landscapes.
The midges can be a problem in the summer, especially around Highland peat bogs and heather, but there are plenty midge-free areas, like the machair dunes on the West Coast of the Uists, or more generally right by the sea shore. We still miss Scotland, not just for the landscapes but also for the people. As foreigners, we never felt as welcomed at first encounter than there. Our son was born in Edinburgh and had the cuttest Scottish accent as a 3-year old when we moved to the US. Going back for a few days in October, some work but I also hope some return to favored places.

Speaking of Scotland and Cap Breton, some years ago I was waiting for a flight connection on the old central hub in SEA, and a Scottish fiddler was going at it with great gusto. When he took a break I went to compliment him. His name is Brandon Vance and he was selling this CD, which I immediately got. He told me that he had just returned from Nova Scotia where he had been learning the local fiddle style with a famous local fiddler (I can't recall the name) and some of the songs he had just played were based on that visit. If you have some recommendations for Nova Scotia fiddling, they'd be very welcome.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #120,568 of 152,136
Such a pity Schiit chose Addicted To Audio as official Australian distributor. Interested in the URD and probably a Yggdrasil+ but ATA have no interest in carrying the higher-end lines.

Could always buy direct from Schiit I guess but then that complicates things a lot.

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #120,569 of 152,136
Maybe I'm more like "Burn-out" personified. Being in education during (and post?) COVID takes a lot out of people. IT infrastructure, security, networking, etc., is my calling, but it doesn't help when job consolidations bring on areas of responsibility that fall well outside of the IT area and mires one in politics and educational legislation, reporting and policy. I'm a 1s and 0s / black and white type of person and working constantly in the gray is neither my preference nor comfort-zone. Oh well, enough of my whining. When will we be seeing Urd!!??
Sounds like you have an Urd-gent need

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #120,570 of 152,136
LOL. Nothing a little audio purchasing therapy can't fix! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back