Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 28, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #120,541 of 152,529
Vali 2++ and Rekkr ordered. We are converting a spare room into a man-cave, and these should be ideal for there, as it’s a tiny room. Will be used with some Tannoy 632 I picked up for £20.00 a couple of years ago.
Bargain on the Tannoys!

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #120,542 of 152,529
Bargain on the Tannoys!
It certainly was. They came with a decent Denon micro system included in the price. Using that in the bedroom. I like a bargain.

Jun 28, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #120,543 of 152,529
I loved this, not the least because I lived five years in Scotland.
Alistair grew up in my hometown, and he was a friend of my dad's. His sisters were teachers of mine, and his nieces and nephews (13-15 per family!) are friends. "No Great Mischief" is one of the finest novels I've read, one of those books that stays with you long after you put it down. All of the locales in his fictional work were based on real parts of Cape Breton, 99% of them familiar to me.

Edit: I'm jealous of your years in Scotland (except for the midges)! My wife and I spent 2 weeks there in 2019, and we fell in love with the Isle of Skye. When when we retire we're planning on spending a few months there, hiking and giving our cameras a workout on the landscapes.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #120,544 of 152,529
You are youth personified! I'm in the next decade, my youngest has finished college over a decade ago, but I it's my blessing (and sometimes curse) that what I worked on to develop since college has taken off exponentially. It's way too much fun at work to quit for "just" music and powder snow...
Maybe I'm more like "Burn-out" personified. Being in education during (and post?) COVID takes a lot out of people. IT infrastructure, security, networking, etc., is my calling, but it doesn't help when job consolidations bring on areas of responsibility that fall well outside of the IT area and mires one in politics and educational legislation, reporting and policy. I'm a 1s and 0s / black and white type of person and working constantly in the gray is neither my preference nor comfort-zone. Oh well, enough of my whining. When will we be seeing Urd!!??

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #120,545 of 152,529
Maybe I'm more like "Burn-out" personified. Being in education during (and post?) COVID takes a lot out of people. IT infrastructure, security, networking, etc., is my calling, but it doesn't help when job consolidations bring on areas of responsibility that fall well outside of the IT area and mires one in politics and educational legislation, reporting and policy. I'm a 1s and 0s / black and white type of person and working constantly in the gray is not my preference comfort-zone. Oh well, enough of my whining. When will we be seeing Urd!!??
Jason said production is underway, and we may see them on Friday. If not then next week. :smile_cat:

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #120,546 of 152,529
1687958519607.png

JC

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #120,547 of 152,529
I'm a 1s and 0s / black and white type of person and working constantly in the gray is not my preference comfort-zone.
My condolences.

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #120,549 of 152,529
Maybe I'm more like "Burn-out" personified. Being in education during (and post?) COVID takes a lot out of people. IT infrastructure, security, networking, etc., is my calling, but it doesn't help when job consolidations bring on areas of responsibility that fall well outside of the IT area and mires one in politics and educational legislation, reporting and policy. I'm a 1s and 0s / black and white type of person and working constantly in the gray is not my preference comfort-zone. Oh well, enough of my whining. When will we be seeing Urd!!??
There's fun in the gray zone, it just takes a bit of tolerance to find it. A pandemic doesn't lend itself to tolerance, more like survival.

On my first bus trip to Talladega, probably 1984 or so, I learned that the best hang-over cure is PBR mixed with Snap-E Tom tomato juice. Of course, for breakfast. At that moment, I knew that I was traveling with the real pros.

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #120,551 of 152,529
Speaking as someone originally from Cape Breton Island on Canada's East Coast, where the majority of the population is of Scottish ancestry and Gaelic is still a spoken language, I fully endorse the use of the word "arse".

On another note, I went down an astronomy forum rabbit-hole for a week and a half and I'm almost 40 pages behind. The volume of posts here is a pain in the arse, I tells ya!
The home of the one and only Angus MacAskill! HUZZAH!! One day I shall take a personal Hejira to Cape Breton Island and vist the small museum to The Man.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #120,552 of 152,529
Does the MMB2 ever hit b-stock?
Not often. But you have to be on top of refreshing the b-stock page multiple times a day, because if they do make it to the b stock page, they don’t last long.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #120,553 of 152,529
The home of the one and only Angus MacAskill! HUZZAH!! One day I shall take a personal Hejira to Cape Breton Island and vist the small museum to The Man.

I'm impressed that anyone outside of the region has even heard of him! Reading on his life on Wikipedia, I see that there's a museum dedicated to his life in Dunvegan in Scotland.

Returning to Alistair MacLeod, there's a large home (by local standards) in Cape Breton Island's Dunvegan (essentially a sparsely-populated crossroads) where MacLeods lived and still live that the locals have nicknamed "Dunvegan Castle".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back