Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 26, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #11,342 of 150,802
Don't think I've seen mention of that here. The previous show was in the middle of August. Don't know whether that will be the same this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things are still a bit fluid, but we're hoping for the end of August. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 26, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #11,343 of 150,802
 I wouldn't mind red LEDs however.

Current Schiit gear has more than enough LEDs, IMNSHO. And they seem to get them from the same folk who supply makers of tactical flashlights. By Rag alone, one can safely navigate an otherwise dark room. Add Ygg, and reading isn't out of the question. Of course, if I was really that annoyed, or wanted different colors, I could get some translucent sticky material. But more fun to complain...
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #11,348 of 150,802
Jun 27, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #11,350 of 150,802
Jason has mentioned a few times the failed format Elcaset. I had never heard of it. Here's an article covering its history.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/06/elcaset-large-cassettes/2/

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #11,351 of 150,802
That Cos Engineering D1 does have a Nice LED Display.  And speaking of LED's, Boy The LED haters are out in Full Force. As Long as you don't look directly into the LED's all is well. When Adding a Remote some way of being able to see your volume level before you hit play While lazily slouched in your chair would be nice. Especially for those of us who are not blessed with the vision of an eagle. A Display, LCD or otherwise seems out of the question which does not bother me at all, We don't want led's so I guess we are going with pixie tubes or a Holographic Projection on the wall.

On a related but no so related rant on why I could care less for LCD displays on many products, I went to a local electronic store and saw a refrigerator with Wifi and a Huge LCD display. UMM NO! Does everything need an LCD, WIFI, Blue tooth, a touchscreen and a camera so you can take a selfie now? A fridge has limited Purposes in Life.

1. Keep the Bacon Cold until I decided to Unleash the Glory of the Bacon 
2. Keep The Ice Frozen In Case I need Something on the Rocks
3. Keep the Beer Cold... This does not need explanation.

The No frills, do what you are supposed to and do it incredibly well Philosophy of Schiit is one of the reasons I Like their products and I understand why they are so apprehensive about jumping on the train of incorporating every fad and new audio doodad into their products. Climbing down from the bar stool now, Rant over.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #11,354 of 150,802
For the Record, I am not hating on the LED haters. Umm People that Dislike Bright LED's. I guess I never pay attention to them because there is either a Computer Monitor or The Led Light for my Reef Tank on Where I listen. Besides I am afraid of the Dark.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #11,355 of 150,802
I just dimmed an LED using a fine felt-tip marker pen. I have covered it maybe 80%, and can see if it is red or green which is what I need, but it no longer irritates. It is directly under one corner of my monitor.

It's a Faber-Castell Multimark, if anyone wants to know, but, essentially, one of those pens that writes on almost everything, including glass, plastic and metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back