Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 10, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #105,451 of 155,076
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #105,452 of 155,076
FjoLZ3NWIAIiPho.jpg

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #105,453 of 155,076
Lot of great advice and from personal experience. Couldn’t ask for more. Thanks fellas for the helpfulness

As we age i think brain compensates for the losses in ears (thank the audiophile gods)
In addition: I think there are many dimensions to good sound. Just because someone might loose, for example, the top octave, doesn't mean he can't appreciate, and value, other aspects of good sound. My hearing absolutely isn't what it used to be, but I still like my gear, and cringe when I hear Mrs. macdonjh listening to music from her cell phone speaker.

You can trust posts on the internet made by French models...

Seems that there are a lot of former military folks here. I know it is often stated and likely to the point where it means very little if anything at all, but I must state in the most sincerest of manners...

Thank you for your service. I mean it from the bottom of my heart! 🪖:military_medal::peace:
I hate it that we've (the "grand" we, society as a whole) come to the point where we think we have to apologize before saying something like, "Thank you for your service". Just because something might seem cliche, does not mean it's trite or insincere.

So, I'll join @Ripper2860: thank you for your service.

See! Keeps the riff raff at bay. Friends don’t let friends drink Lone Star.
Or Pearl. Non-Texans will be forgiven, and envied, for not knowing this particular product (I won't call it a brew).

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #105,454 of 155,076
Dec 10, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #105,455 of 155,076
Oh, I read that as deflate thinking he'd be moving to Modis.

More seriously, if new multibit cards are coming out for the Asgard, any way to mount the old one into a chassis and keep using it?
The new multibit cards are not coming out until mid 2023. Only the new stand alone Modi Multibit + is coming out this week.

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #105,456 of 155,076
My dad used to clip my Right Tyr when I was a kid.......
Mine too! And the left one. I was always happy if I wasn't bleeding and my hair was reasonably even when he was done cutting my hair.

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #105,457 of 155,076
That quote about the silence in between the sounds sometimes being a very important part of the music... I don't think who said it first can possibly be part of recorded history. It is unthinkable to me that in the many thousands of years between the invention of rhythmically banging sticks together and the invention of writing stuff down, it has not been said many times over, by many many people whose bones have since turned to dust. After all, it is probably even more apparent when percussion is all there is. This observation about music is probably older than speech and language!

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #105,458 of 155,076
That quote about the silence in between the sounds sometimes being a very important part of the music... I don't think who said it first can possibly be part of recorded history. It is unthinkable to me that in the many thousands of years between the invention of rhythmically banging sticks together and the invention of writing stuff down, it has not been said many times over, by many many people whose bones have since turned to dust. After all, it is probably even more apparent when percussion is all there is. This observation about music is probably older than speech and language!
Depending on the music there is a decay in sound even in the spaces between music. It is not as though all sound suddenly ceases, it occurs in waves.😜

I am watching basketball so I hope that made sense.😀

Dec 10, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #105,459 of 155,076
The new multibit cards are not coming out until mid 2023. Only the new stand alone Modi Multibit + is coming out this week.
Right, I'm trying to plan ahead. My teachers taught me that was a good thing. Were they wrong in this like so many other things? :wink:

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #105,462 of 155,076
Fun! With a long enough layover at IAD or BWI it might be worth renting a car to check it out.

Edit - I was in Vancouver, BC two nights ago and would have been happy if a pint was only $5.75.
So true... happy hour is $7.50 for decent ales

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #105,463 of 155,076
That quote about the silence in between the sounds sometimes being a very important part of the music... I don't think who said it first can possibly be part of recorded history. It is unthinkable to me that in the many thousands of years between the invention of rhythmically banging sticks together and the invention of writing stuff down, it has not been said many times over, by many many people whose bones have since turned to dust. After all, it is probably even more apparent when percussion is all there is. This observation about music is probably older than speech and language.

If the expression was made thousands of years ago, than it must have been made by bcowen...😆 🤣 😂 😹

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #105,465 of 155,076
On the subject of "silences", (per KenOC), this pretty much sums it for me;

"Some may disagree, saying that silence is silence regardless of "composer's intent" (or anything else, for that matter). But their position is readily proven invalid by none other than Dr. Karlheinz Klopweiser, a noted authority on such things, who speaks of "German silence, which is of course organic, as opposed to French silence, which is ornamental."
Anyone else waiting for some philsopher guy, who might or might not have an armchair, to comment? On the French, I mean…

Edited to chg the bang to an interrogative.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back