Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 1, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #100,471 of 152,841
Shelves are adjustable to maintain level all the way to the turntable. Padded disks of sorbothane and felt allow the rack to slide on a tiled floor. (Maybe not actual sorbothane 🤪. )
Oh good grief. Maybe line the shelves with sorbothane too. Or just cover the speakers with some soggy wet blankets. Same difference. :sweat:

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #100,472 of 152,841
Oh good grief. Maybe line the shelves with sorbothane too. Or just cover the speakers with some soggy wet blankets. Same difference. :sweat:
Hmmm the wet blankets might discourage Finnegan. 🤪🤪🤪

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #100,473 of 152,841
Your post twigged something in my brain. Back in the 1990's I went on a bit of a box-set binge. I haven't looked at them in a long while - now might be a good time to revisit them, and to also keep an eye on on an upcoming Schiit release 🤔. Anyway, I picked this up in '94 or '95. It's the same set you linked to, but with a slightly different cover. This is the North American release, dated '94. Same track list as your link.

<edited for clarity>
I have that... somewhere in the garage with our five large BINs of CDs....

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #100,474 of 152,841
That's the best reason I have ever heard anyone give for liking Vinyl.

There can be a certain pleasure in tactile things, as well as nostalgia.
I have recently jumped head first into the vinyl rabbit hole after more than 20 years.

It makes no rational sense at all to spend money on turntable, Cartridge, phono stage to play stuff which I have on CD, as well as vinyl.

However, I love it!

I am enjoying the whole experience of playing vinyl, both old and new, for the first time in over 20 years.

Vinyl was a big part of my life from the late 60s to about ‘79.

I now realise how much I have missed it.

I won’t even contemplate making any inflammatory judgment about analogue vs digital.

I wouldn’t even claim that vinyl is ‘better’ than CD ( or other digital formats) but I love it, and I am so glad to have ‘analogue’ playback as an option again.

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #100,475 of 152,841
B88708A5-1B07-401D-B8D8-A6B4C36804AE.jpeg

Shelves are adjustable to maintain level all the way to the turntable. Padded disks of sorbothane and felt allow the rack to slide on a tiled floor. (Maybe not actual sorbothane 🤪. )
I personally use "Thorbesane" , first developed for use on the Valhalla. Yeah... Ummm...Yuppers! You sir, are most definitely a craftsman! :beerchug:

Oct 1, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #100,477 of 152,841
I personally use "Thorbesane" , first developed for use on the Valhalla. Yeah... Ummm...Yuppers! You sir, are most definitely a craftsman! :beerchug:

Thorbesane? I thought you used miniature versions of these: 🤣

1664666931313.png

Oct 1, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #100,480 of 152,841
Split up thicknessed, and joined this crazy Maple back for a Classical guitar. I have a rib billet to match bit haven't milled it up yet.

It reminds me of the last thing I remember from one night in the Haight-Ashbury in 1967...

I woke up in the back of a pickup truck in Mendocino two days later.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #100,481 of 152,841
So you're a little more built for comfort than for speed?
Let’s just say that I fit right in with my brethren in this here fine nation of ours.

Are you also the monster at the end of every dream? :)
The monster at the end of every dream? Don’t be ridiculous.
No, just the ones that subliminally keep haunting you for years to come.

Oct 1, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #100,482 of 152,841
Let’s just say that I fit right in with my brethren in this here fine nation of ours.

The monster at the end of every dream? Don’t be ridiculous.
No, just the ones that subliminally keep haunting you for years to come.
I usually have gorgeous models at the end of my dreams. Which is why I hit the snooze button repeatedly for an hour every morning. Also: why they're just dreams. 🤣

Oct 1, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #100,483 of 152,841
My CD player in my main cabinet is my old "fat" PS3 which had/has an excellent CD/Blu-Ray player for its time.
Stereophile used to rate the Playstation 1 as a class A CD player, IIRC.

Oct 2, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #100,485 of 152,841
I have recently jumped head first into the vinyl rabbit hole after more than 20 years.

It makes no rational sense at all to spend money on turntable, Cartridge, phono stage to play stuff which I have on CD, as well as vinyl.

However, I love it!

I am enjoying the whole experience of playing vinyl, both old and new, for the first time in over 20 years.

Vinyl was a big part of my life from the late 60s to about ‘79.

I now realise how much I have missed it.

I won’t even contemplate making any inflammatory judgment about analogue vs digital.

I wouldn’t even claim that vinyl is ‘better’ than CD ( or other digital formats) but I love it, and I am so glad to have ‘analogue’ playback as an option again.
Welcome back to vinyl Strat! I have tried, and still use, the other mediums, but have never tired in 50 years of the tactile feeling of joy I get from my vinyl. Call me old school, but the motions of playing vinyl bring me a deeper connection to the music than do the little silver discs or hands-off streaming. All mediums serve their purpose well, but nothing blows my skirt up more than vinyl. Or, I could just be enamored of the new Wharfedale Lintons I have in house playing the newly opened half-speed remaster of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust. Nah, vinyl's where my head's at!! Welcome back and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back