Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 23, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #9,256 of 152,031
2-channel. I’m certain you’ll also see the first dedicated 2-channel products from us in 2016. As in preamps and amps. How many products, and when remain to be seen. But you will see some things from us. I hope. And they’ll be very, very cool. I think. At least in part because…

Excellent. My amp is a bit over 25 yrs old now. It might be time to upgrade. Another excellent chapter. Thank you Jason.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #9,259 of 152,031
  2-channel. I’m certain you’ll also see the first dedicated 2-channel products from us in 2016. As in preamps and amps. How many products, and when remain to be seen. But you will see some things from us. I hope. And they’ll be very, very cool.

It just so happens I'm planning to get my first proper two-channel system next year. Colour me excited!

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #9,260 of 152,031
No no no no... Jason, remember your own advice.  Keep the Manhattan project under your hat until it is ready.  Teasing that there is something potentially wonderful burbling beneath the surface is all we need.  That way if it turns out to be a cool thing but not a commercial product, you won't generate a bunch of disappointed Internet chatter, you'll only have "let me try it anyway" to contend with  From me.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #9,261 of 152,031
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The point is: these are huge changes, not a quick feature-add or incremental update. Expect to see this trend set the tone for future next-gen products—or perhaps the next-gen products will be even more radically changed.

I want a Wyrd II that'd wipe the floor with that Regen copycat that would supposedly be so much better ><

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #9,262 of 152,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or, in numbers, last year we had 12 product intros. This year, we had 6:

Wow, six new products and I only bought one - I feel I'm letting the side down. But that one was the Ygg, so I did make a contribution.

My favorite part of the Vali 2 - the tube is right out there in the open air and not buried! Rollers rejoice!

I'm ready to put a deposit down for the Schiit FM/AM tuner - just so long as it has a nixie-tube frequency display and the Magic Eye tuning tube. Please make the audio circuitry tubed, and the tuning mechanism analog; if you're going retro, go retro all the way.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #9,263 of 152,031
Great year Jason and Mike (and all at Schiit!).
Now that I've gotten my end game cans (Ether C, thanks Dan and all at MrSpeakers too!) my next quest is to go balanced from my current Bimby/Asgard2. I can't see Yiggi in my future, but Gumby for sure and Mjolnir2 unless the new amp appears first.

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #9,265 of 152,031
Jason, your post put me in a holiday mood!

I truly feel like you guys are preparing surprise gifts for us and will spread them throughout the year! I'm getting ready for a 2-channel product, I listed my KREL KAV-300i on eBay which I haven't used lately...

Merry Christmas to you, the whole ****t staff, and the readers of this amazing saga!

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #9,266 of 152,031

Portable? Still not real excited on this one. I know it’s in vogue, and a lot of people want them, but to do it right, it will be huge, hot, and heavy. Wow, that sounded weird. I’m still trying to convince myself we can do something different and meaningful.

You have this covered, in a sense.  I "downgraded" my office system to a Fulla which allows me to take my laptop, phones and music into the lab with me when I need to be there for extended periods of time.  The office environment is too noisy for critical listening, anyway, so it wasn't a particularly painful step down.

Manhattan Project. I’ve said all I can about that, but I do believe it’s a 2016 product. However, it might not be.

"All digital."  So, entirely within the digital domain...  A box that, to a computer, is a USB audio device.  It outputs S/PDIF endcoded audio so cleaned up that Mike would like it.  Yet it maintains "bit-perfectness."

I think I'm thinking way too small.

I share your pain on doing USB.  Back in the Stone Age, I had to write an IEEE-488 over USB driver.  What an awful environment.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #9,268 of 152,031
  2015 Chapter 20:
Looking Forward to 2016

So it’s the end of another year. A good time to look back at what went right, what went wrong…and what might be coming next year.

< snip snip> 

What you guys do is very, very special. 

How you go about it, even more so.

Great job on 2015, really looking forward to see what you do in 2016.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #9,270 of 152,031
I'm curious if there's any super customers out there who've bought every single piece of gear that Schiit has produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back