Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 21, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #9,226 of 151,969
I'll throw in my 2-cents, and be a little more picky. I think Schiit has always been a great bargain - however I feel their products have been getting progressively better! For example, the original Asgard - great value! But the new Asgard 2 - sonic improvements, gain switch to make it easier to drive many different headphones, pre-amp outputs. It is sonically a better box than was the first generation, and it has features making it tremendously useful for a lot of different setups - and it's still a great value! It's not that any of the first generation products were a mistake - but the second generation products are just fantastic, across the board. And I would heartily recommend all of them without reservation, including those I have not heard. My recommended list of products:

1. Magni 2 Uber
  2. Vali 2 (own)
  3. Asgard 2
  4. Valhalla 2 (heard)
  5. Lyr 2 (heard)
  6. Mjolnir 2 (recommended by people I trust - not heard)
  7. Ragnarok (own)

And:

1. Modi 2 Uber (heard)
  2. Bifrost (owned the Uber and Multibit - sold to upgrade to more Schiit)
  3. Gungnir (own the Multibit - heard the DeltaSigma)
  4. Yggdrasil (own)

It might have been easier to list the earlier products (mostly from my sold list), which I cannot recommend 
biggrin.gif

So yeah, pick your price and feature preference. Then jump in unreservedly. This is quite a good time to be in the hobby!

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #9,227 of 151,969
  I'll throw in my 2-cents, and be a little more picky. I think Schiit has always been a great bargain - however I feel their products have been getting progressively better! For example, the original Asgard - great value! But the new Asgard 2 - sonic improvements, gain switch to make it easier to drive many different headphones, pre-amp outputs. It is sonically a better box than was the first generation, and it has features making it tremendously useful for a lot of different setups - and it's still a great value! It's not that any of the first generation products were a mistake - but the second generation products are just fantastic, across the board. And I would heartily recommend all of them without reservation, including those I have not heard. My recommended list of products:

1. Magni 2 Uber
  2. Vali 2 (own)
  3. Asgard 2
  4. Valhalla 2 (heard)
  5. Lyr 2 (heard)
  6. Mjolnir 2 (recommended by people I trust - not heard)
  7. Ragnarok (own)

And:

1. Modi 2 Uber (heard)
  2. Bifrost (owned the Uber and Multibit - sold to upgrade to more Schiit)
  3. Gungnir (own the Multibit - heard the DeltaSigma)
  4. Yggdrasil (own)

It might have been easier to list the earlier products (mostly from my sold list), which I cannot recommend 
biggrin.gif

So yeah, pick your price and feature preference. Then jump in unreservedly. This is quite a good time to be in the hobby!

10000000000000000000000% for me too love the Schiits 

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #9,228 of 151,969
Dec 22, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #9,229 of 151,969
Some words from Mike on Audiostream: http://www.audiostream.com/content/qa-mike-moffat-schiit-audio

I'll have the closing-of-the-year chapter here in a couple of days.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #9,230 of 151,969
  Some words from Mike on Audiostream: http://www.audiostream.com/content/qa-mike-moffat-schiit-audio

I'll have the closing-of-the-year chapter here in a couple of days.

A brilliant article Q&A with Mike, capped off with another irresistible tease about The Manhattan Project.  I feel like a kid waiting on Father Christmas!…

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #9,232 of 151,969
The Gadget,  it's a floor wax and a desert topping!  It blends your bass just the way you like it!  It makes everything you own now simultaneously better AND obsolete!

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #9,233 of 151,969
Bill Leebeens is PS Audio's Marketing Rep.!    ( for those reading comments below section )  He's involved in organizing Audio Shows.  I don't know or care if he is accurate or correct, he's active in supporting the High Buck Audio Outfits ( who need all the help they can get ) and the Retail Sales Channel that Schiit doesn't work in.  Schiit is the "Great Digital Satan"  to the Mainstream Audio Marketing folks.   What's impressive is that : 'who was first' is all they've come up with, so far.  

Oh well, Professor Moffat's Q & A is a nice little 'accompanist" to the Schiit Advert.  The part about the "Cookbook" is a sharper knife than anything I've ever written, pushing it in is gutsy!  Schiit's got Balls.   

Following the Stoddard & Moffat team continues to be the most exciting thing going in Consumer High-End Audio. 

An Audiophile Grade, Class A Amp for $250,  Getouttahere!!!!

Tony in Michigan

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #9,236 of 151,969
Curious friend says "why do you need a separate digital analog converter"
schitt head says " because the ones in computers sound like crap"
Curious friend says " I think my computer sounds fine"
schitt head says " I'm happy for you but in the end of days your laptop will be just that, a laptop. My Yggy can be transformed into control systems for fighter jets and submarines and one badass zombie tracking and elimination device"

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #9,237 of 151,969
  Curious friend says "why do you need a separate digital analog converter"

I say, "Why do you need a separate kitchen and bathroom?"

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #9,240 of 151,969

Users who are viewing this thread

Back