Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 23, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #9,273 of 151,928
  No no no no... Jason, remember your own advice.  Keep the Manhattan project under your hat until it is ready.  Teasing that there is something potentially wonderful burbling beneath the surface is all we need.  That way if it turns out to be a cool thing but not a commercial product, you won't generate a bunch of disappointed Internet chatter, you'll only have "let me try it anyway" to contend with  From me.

nooooooooooooo don't listen to Ableza please give us a clue so we can create rumours and speculation

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #9,279 of 151,928
  I usually just buy what I need, which means I'll buy another Yggdrasil if they make BLACK ones.  :)

I posted that question in the Yggdrasil thread, concerning whether Schiit had made any hints if/when a black cased one might be coming.  I'm holding out hope for this spring.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #9,281 of 151,928
  “You know, most companies would milk the Yggy for at least a year before introducing a downmarket variant,” I told Mike.

“Yeah, but we aren’t most companies,” he told me.

And that was that.

I get the feeling that Mike is like a cross between Clint Eastwood and Confucius.The fact that you guys do not operate like most companies is icing on the cake. We get an excellent products and customer service at prices that do not make eyes bleed.

I am looking forward to the dedicated 2 channel Gear from Schiit. I am at the point of daisy chaining 2 SYS's to get the input switching I need. This would still be cheaper than a lot of the other passive pre amps out there .Thanks for the the wrap up of Schitt's year. Although the product number was less than half off last year and it may have been some what boring, Solid state tubes and 3 MB DAC/DAC upgrades definitely broke the mold. Advertising in popular magazines has probably put some of the big boys on notice. I would say while a bit boring, it was extremely Productive.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #9,282 of 151,928

I still remember 20 years ago in 1995 and a friend got a new computer with a 1GB drive. I remember thinking how big that was at the time.

I hear 1TB is capable on SD and micro-SD, but requires a second row of pins, meaning it is actually 512GB + 512GB piggy backed into the same physical space, but with separate connections. And of course not affordable.

Got it beat.  My first computer had a 40MB hard drive.  About all we did was play solitaire on it.  The internet was still an experiment in California.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #9,283 of 151,928
  Got it beat.  My first computer had a 40MB hard drive.  About all we did was play solitaire on it.  The internet was still an experiment in California.

My first computer (ZX Spectrum 48K) had 60 minute cassette tapes, lol.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #9,284 of 151,928

My first computer (ZX Spectrum 48) had 60 minute cassette tapes, lol.

I have no clue what you all would consider the oldest of what I've used:

1. Apple II
  2. Commodore 64
  3. TRS-80

Or should we be talking IBM mainframes?

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #9,285 of 151,928

My first computer (ZX Spectrum 48K) had 60 minute cassette tapes, lol.

Youngster!  My first computer was installed in our high school: A PDP-8e with 4k words of core memory.  I still have my programs on paper tape!

As a thought experiment, I tried to see if a FLAC file could be read off paper tape in real time, and I put it aside when I realized the tape reader would have to approach the speed of sound reading the tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back