Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 5, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #85,576 of 149,304
Are there eating/drinking establishments in the US where it's still OK to smoke? In Canada we've been "smoke free" for so long I can't remember the last time I saw a no smoking sign.
I wish everywhere was smoke free sooner... it was one reason I have not been back to Europe. Best ways to ruin a good time is having to breathe in second hand smoke of any kind.

Dec 5, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #85,577 of 149,304
Wall E helping with B-Roll audio mix....
IMG_3176.jpg

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #85,580 of 149,304
Fiat-Chrysler owns Chrysler.
Fiat-Chrysler no longer exists. It merged with PSA Group (parent company of Peugeot and other brands) to form Stellantis.

The principal activity of Stellantis is the design, development, manufacture and sale of automobiles bearing its 15 brands of Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Ram and Vauxhall, and Mopar auto parts. Stellantis has 300,000 employees, a presence in more than 130 countries with manufacturing facilities in 30 countries.

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #85,581 of 149,304
BBQ talk is surely not occasional...

Maybe we should rotate weeks....😄

An example

Week 1 BBQ
Week 2 Cats, Dogs & other pets.
Week 3 Automobiles
Week 4 Assorted Alcohols
Week 5 Non bbq related food
Week 6 Roon, Raspberry Pi, etc
Week 7 Music and Audio Gear
Week 8 Cats, Dogs & other pets
Week 9 Automobiles
Week 10 Assorted Alcohols
and so forth....

😁

Schiit talk is of course enjoyable all day eh'ry day
There is a natural rotation, as long as Jason has no issue with a topic, all should be fine. There is the ignore option as always.😀

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #85,583 of 149,304
Fiat-Chrysler no longer exists. It merged with PSA Group (parent company of Peugeot and other brands) to form Stellantis.

The principal activity of Stellantis is the design, development, manufacture and sale of automobiles bearing its 15 brands of Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Ram and Vauxhall, and Mopar auto parts. Stellantis has 300,000 employees, a presence in more than 130 countries with manufacturing facilities in 30 countries.
Thanks I rarely google things so my info may not always be current. The gist of what I said was Japan, Italy, and Germany are major players and they lost the war. Ownership does certainly change hands.😀

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #85,584 of 149,304
lots of things to consider:

can't speak for other manufacturers, but Jason indicated that their analog EQ are designed with headroom to reduce the possibility of clipping with some or all controls maxxed out. for Digital EQ, the designers will need to handle more bits internally (e.g. 20 or 24 bit processing to handle 16-bit signals, then decimation to 16-bits at the output) to prevent clipping for digital waveforms / peaks at or near full-scale.

Unlike Digital EQ, Analog also works with analog sources (e.g. phono, reel-to-reel, analog-out-only instruments) without an additional Analog-to-digital-conversion step.

or put the analog eq between preamp and power amp so that all sources (selectable via the preamp's multiple inputs) can be EQ'd.

Digital EQ can be very cheap (possibly free) if you are using only a digital source (computer, digital music player, etc.).

subtle EQ often works better than a maxxed out "death grin"

That's very helpful. Thanks!

I think I might give it a try. I've been reading that even if you clip with analog EQ, it sort of takes the edge off as opposed to hitting a wall like digital EQ would do.

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #85,585 of 149,304
The Crosstrek corners well for a sub $30K car.
Kind of heresy, but even the automatic version does quite well on twisty roads. One of my main longer repeat drives in the last year goes through some of the twistier roads in Sonoma County, CA, it's a lot of fun. In contrast, my wife's Outback makes me car sick.

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #85,586 of 149,304
Sine Wave Updated!
So I've been collecting a some topics over the last few months, and I think I have caught most of the new ones. Attached is v6 of the Schiit Sine.

Schiit Thread v6 2021-12-06.png

Here's the change log :
V6 Change Log
Added : Freight Carriers (FedEx, DHL, USPS etc)
Added : Isolated Ground & Power Sockets
Added : VU Meters (Long Overdue Topic)
Added : MRIs
Added : Architecture
Added : Bond, James, Bond
Added : Classic Cars
Added : Sci Fi
Added : Woodworking
Added : Movies
Updated : Some spacing

Happy to add some more topics, just let me know :slight_smile:

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #85,587 of 149,304
Here's the change log :
V6 Change Log

How could you forget Bling?

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #85,588 of 149,304
Sine Wave Updated!
So I've been collecting a some topics over the last few months, and I think I have caught most of the new ones. Attached is v6 of the Schiit Sine.

Here's the change log :
V6 Change Log

Balanced vs Single-Ended (Bal / SE)
Power Switches

if ploting something y = sin (x) currently, consider plotting y = sin (x) + 0.3 * sin (pi()*x) to add some noise to the smooth curve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back