Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 4, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #81,421 of 149,552
It is over 75 year since the germans left norway. But still possible to see they was here

https://www.misje.com/syreneset-fort-karmoy/

I didn't know about that site. Very cool - thanks for sharing! Outside Kristiansand there is a very impressive cannon from WW2 (here). The cannon is intact, although I'm pretty sure the firing mechanism has been deactivated (one would hope). However, the most impressive WW2 building IMHO is the Dora submarine bunker in Trondheim (here). After the war the original plan was to blow it up, but due to the very sturdy construction that turned out to be impossible (the thing could probably withstand a direct hit from a tactical nuclear warhead) and it was converted to a warehouse instead and remains to this day.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #81,424 of 149,552
Ditto!

Is that your playlist or is it available online? I have many, but not all the tracks.
It is just something I saw when I did a search. It is a Spotify list but I do not use Spotify.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #81,425 of 149,552
It's a playlist on Spotify.

edit: oops @Paladin79 beat me to it. What he posted is actually a playable link if you're a Spotify subscriber.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #81,427 of 149,552
I was watching Steve Guttenberg's review of the Klipsch Forte IVs this morning, and he turned me on to a band I'd never heard of before - Son Of Dave.

Wow.

If you like blues that are kinda different then maybe you'll like this as much as I do. The tune Brokedown Lincoln is outstanding.
Broken-down Lincoln is on Son Of Dave - Shake A Bone from 2009. If you stream with Qobuz they have it.

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #81,428 of 149,552
I'm not. If it's possible to download the playlist and anyone has a Spotify account I'd be...........
If all you're looking for is the list of song titles, artists etc. I can help-

Attachments

• Playlist - the_music_of_harry_bosch.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #81,430 of 149,552
If all you're looking for is the list of song titles, artists etc. I can help-
Thanks Roy. My collection of Rock is much larger but I found most all of the artists in my modern jazz collection.

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #81,431 of 149,552
Sep 4, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #81,432 of 149,552
Thanks Roy. My collection of Rock is much larger but I found most all of the artists in my modern jazz collection.

Here's a playlist I stumbled on a few years ago. The Spotify link only shows 100 songs but here's the complete list of 3500 songs is attached below.

Attachments

• Playlist 2 - haruki_murakami's_vinyl_collection.pdf
    492.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #81,433 of 149,552
Here we go again. Is there a translation guide for those of us who aren't fluent in rugby/Yorkshire speak? :beerchug:
FWIW, I've got a good friend who's a part-time hooker. In his world, it means that he hooks up tractors to trailers for the OTR drivers. As always, YMMV.

Edit - OTR may be somewhat vague for some.
https://greatcdltraining.com/blog/what-does-otr-trucking-mean
Rugby player position names and numbers:

Forwards - the heart and soul of the team the blokes that shed the blood in the trenches.

1. Prop (loose head), usually the most articulate, charming and natural at coaching (because they are strategically pacing themselves for the next ruck, maul, lineout, or scrum).

2. Hook, very versatile and technical position. The best ones are great runners and tacklers.

3. Prop (tight head), most of the description of #1 applies, but slightly less so.

4. 2nd row left - usually tall (they jump in the lineout) and provide much of the "push" in a scrum. Sometimes captains.
5. 2nd row right - all #4 applies.

6. Blind side/Left flanker/break , usually one of the first to the ball, great tacklers.
7. Open side/right flanker/break, #6 but on the right.

8. #8 (it's a rugby thing). Very strategic position- controls the balls exit from the scrum. Works with #9 to set-up offense plays. Often captains.

Backs - the dandies that take all the glory for the hard work done by the forwards.

9. Scrum half, very talented, many are the captain. Usually control the ball, direct others and setup offensive and defensive plays. Strangely smaller players that play 3x larger than they are as well.

10. Fly-half, extremely talented, excellent kickers, usually kick extra points and penalties.

11. Winger- left, very fast and vital to defensive play. Often last to get the ball while running it in for a try.

12. Inside center- talented and loves to tackle and "crash" through the opposition defense.

13. Outside center - similar to #12

14. Winger - right - all #11 applies

15. Fullback - last line of defense, often "calls" defensive plays, sets up offensive plays. Great kicker.

For the record, I started out as 11, then 6 when I was young and speedy. Once I built up some "muscle" (maybe too much) I became #1 for over 22 years and also played some 2 and 3.

I have also played games as 4,5,7,8, 12 and 13. The only positions I have not played are 9,10, and 15.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #81,435 of 149,552
Here's a playlist I stumbled on a few years ago. Quite a bit of variety.

Interesting

I stopped counting at 45,000 albums in my collection, all albums and songs are in order on a couple large hard drives. I doubt I have 3,000 jazz albums but most are considered the artists greatest works. I know I need to hit up HDtracks to get more Art Pepper and Chet Baker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back