Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 29, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #7,561 of 150,617
Eye...  Single malt, neat.  Glass of peaty stream water back.  All while wearing a kilt and projecting a bad attitude 'cause the kilt is made of wool, and things chafe on a man....

Better Edit to add that I'm teasing only.  I enjoy a neat scotch on occasion, though I have yet to gain the proper appreciation for single malts.  I enjoy the run of the mill stuff - Chivas, The Glenlevitt.  Pleabian, I know...

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #7,562 of 150,617
  Water, holy or not, shall never touch my single-malt.  :)

-Most of the time, I'd agree. However, I do find that some (particularly most cask strength) single malts benefit from a little water added to the mix; I notice several aromas after adding a little water which are completely lost on me if I drink them neat.

Now, ice in my whisky, on the other hand, is an abomination in the eyes of The Lord. (Glancing longingly over at that bottle of Caol Ila which mysteriously appeared in my carry-on after passing through Aberdeen a little while ago. OK, then. A small one. Neat. You've driven me to drink! :wink:)

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #7,564 of 150,617

-Most of the time, I'd agree. However, I do find that some (particularly most cask strength) single malts benefit from a little water added to the mix; I notice several aromas after adding a little water which are completely lost on me if I drink them neat.

Now, ice in my whisky, on the other hand, is an abomination in the eyes of The Lord. (Glancing longingly over at that bottle of Caol Ila which mysteriously appeared in my carry-on after passing through Aberdeen a little while ago. OK, then. A small one. Neat. You've driven me to drink! :wink:)

Agreed.  Somewhere between 70-80 proof I find best and allows flavors to come into play that are other wise masked by alcohol.  A little dab will do ya just fine.  

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #7,565 of 150,617
Certainly agree that cask-strength whiskey and whisky requires some modification.
120 proof is just too rough and loses flavor. 
A drab of branch water opens up the distillers' secrets.

beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #7,566 of 150,617

so is water, even a drop, an abomination, you'd be kicked out of Scotland, or .......................................worse

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #7,568 of 150,617
I don't drink alcohol these days, but back then... Irish,  for smooth, good flavour at a fraction the cost of the inflated stuff from the north of the big island next-door. No need to look for fancy names, single malts, decades old, just take an ordinary bottle of Jameson off the shelf.

(Disclosure: I do come from the country at the Southern end of that big island)

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #7,569 of 150,617
Don't drink anymore either...but you gotta love the Irish!

Not a fan of the hard stuff, but their stouts and ales (Beamish, Murphy's, Smithwick's, etc.); Mmmmm...and also an occasional Black & Tan :wink:

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #7,570 of 150,617
I ordered the Schiit Valhalla2 and would this be a good IEM?

High impedance, low sensitivity, even phase response

KLIPSCH X7i
KG 623X7 full-range, balanced-armature drivers
10Hz - 19Hz frequency response (+_-dB)
110dB sensitivity
50 ohms impedance

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #7,573 of 150,617
@Ableza & @foxvol

LOL at your posts. Made me chuckle.

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #7,574 of 150,617
Chilled whisky is good!

41TJM0fRkzL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg