Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 1, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #7,577 of 149,239
Has Schiit said anything about trickling down the USB Gen 3 to Gungnir (and perhaps eventually Bifrost)? Is it in the roadmap?

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #7,578 of 149,239

That Ape,

gosh darn it, whys he so serious?

A couple days ago I was typing away and noticed that Ape watching me, I got kinda spooked, he's staring, all serious, that Schiit Ape.

It got me worried!  

I better ask around, to find out.

Does anyone know just what it is that the Schiit Ape is listening to? on a Lyr & Bifrost, in all those Schiit Adverts.  

Geez, I hope it isn't heavy metal ( which would explain that serious glare he has ).

And, what's the Ape's name?, is he well cared for?, was he from the Wilds, captured by poachers?, is he one of the Schiit people's pet?

And, more importantly, is he a tester for product.  The medical people use all sorts of animals for testing, is he that kind of creature? 

Oh dear, now I'm even more worried, thinking : poor thing, having to be the un-paid Mascot, gawked at by millions of us, every day. Sort of an Internet Zoo sort of thing of which I can't even throw him some Peanuts or French Fries. ( they love gummy candy )

I can see that he's all dolled-up for the Camera, he must be a local Ape to LA.

I hope they're not giving him Scotch ( like the LA people seem to prefer ).  

And why does he only get the Lyr?, if he's tight with the Schiit people he probably should have access to the better stuff, shouldn't he? 

There is one hell-of-a-lot of collective wisdom here on this site, perhaps a disporportionate level ( maybe even lop-sided compared to other sites ), so, I'm hoping the Ape facts will be discovered, shared and perhaps discussed to everyones satisfaction.

Tony in Michigan 

ps.  if he likes the Lyr, I like the Lyr .  

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #7,579 of 149,239
I think the ape is listening to the wonderful '80's classic 'Human' by Human League:

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #7,580 of 149,239
That Ape,

Tony

The Ape might be the power cable tester and apparently he didn't notice any difference with Lyr... so I like the Lyr 2.

:grinning:

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #7,581 of 149,239
That Ape, gosh darn it, whys he so serious? A couple days ago I was typing away and noticed that Ape watching me, I got kinda spooked, he's staring, all serious, that Schiit Ape. It got me worried! I better ask around, to find out. Does anyone know just what it is that the Schiit Ape is listening to? on a Lyr & Bifrost, in all those Schiit Adverts. Geez, I hope it isn't heavy metal ( which would explain that serious glare he has ). And, what's the Ape's name?, is he well cared for?, was he from the Wilds, captured by poachers?, is he one of the Schiit people's pet? And, more importantly, is he a tester for product.  The medical people use all sorts of animals for testing, is he that kind of creature? Oh dear, now I'm even more worried, thinking : poor thing, having to be the un-paid Mascot, gawked at by millions of us, every day. Sort of an Internet Zoo sort of thing of which I can't even throw him some Peanuts or French Fries. ( they love gummy candy ) I can see that he's all dolled-up for the Camera, he must be a local Ape to LA. I hope they're not giving him Scotch ( like the LA people seem to prefer ).  And why does he only get the Lyr?, if he's tight with the Schiit people he probably should have access to the better stuff, shouldn't he? There is one hell-of-a-lot of collective wisdom here on this site, perhaps a disporportionate level ( maybe even lop-sided compared to other sites ), so, I'm hoping the Ape facts will be discovered, shared and perhaps discussed to everyones satisfaction. Tony in Michigan ps.  if he likes the Lyr, I like the Lyr .  

Whatever drugs you have access to, you should share =P hahah just jk

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #7,582 of 149,239
  Whatever drugs you have access to, you should share =P hahah just jk

Tony appears to have access to the same drugs as are being tested on the ape...
smile.gif

(Wonderful stream-of-consciousness, Tony.)

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #7,585 of 149,239
With the new Multi-bit units, I just wish we had a Schiit solution for balanced amp and multibit DAC pieces that were not so wide and take up as much room. Give me a Bifrost with Asgard 2 sized combo thats got balanced and SE outputs for my headphones and I think most everyone would be hard pressed to find a better value. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #7,586 of 149,239
  With the new Multi-bit units, I just wish we had a Schiit solution for balanced amp and multibit DAC pieces that were not so wide and take up as much room. Give me a Bifrost with Asgard 2 sized combo thats got balanced and SE outputs for my headphones and I think most everyone would be hard pressed to find a better value. 

OMG YES PLEASE!!!

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #7,588 of 149,239
  OMG YES PLEASE!!!

I just checked and the Gungnir Multi-Bit and the Asgard 2 together are around $1500, not bad but not balanced. This config would be nice though to have the DAC hidden away and the AMP upfront where I need it. All the while, I will be able to upgrade my setup later on when something for balanced and SE comes around in a better form factor or I can afford the space loss with the Mjolnir 2.

But yes, I think it would be awesome to get a BiFrost Balanced with Multibit type unit, but it probably will be about the same as the Gungnir so might not make much sense to do. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #7,589 of 149,239

OMG YES PLEASE!!!

I like the form factor of the Gungnir/Mjolnir and Yaggy/Ragnorok  to pieces. Sorta Bauhaus inspired; robust and industrial. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #7,590 of 149,239

I like the form factor of the Gungnir/Mjolnir and Yaggy/Ragnorok  to pieces. Sorta Bauhaus inspired; robust and industrial. 

I like them too, but liking them and the stack/combo fitting nicely on my desk or headphone listening area....fat chance. I can save my money to buy the gear but I still cannot just magically make space when I do not have any to give to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back