Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 2, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #59,898 of 150,258
The new formfactor opens up the way for a better Mani....I keep dreaming.
Jason has stated they were working on a much better phono preamp. Much higher price point too. So, be patient. I will hopefully come out eventually.

He also confirmed earlier in this thread that the planned high-end phono preamp will be in a Freya-sized chassis.

Modius looks like a great product! If the Saga in one of my 2-channel systems had balanced inputs and outputs, I would swap out my old Bifrost and replace it with Modius.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #59,899 of 150,258
The remote on my Bifrost 2 gets a lot more usage then I would have guessed when it first arrived.
It is nice when features you did not think you needed become well used. My phono preamp has two inputs and two outputs. I needed (or rather could use) two outputs when I got it, one for the integrated amp and one for the valhalla 2. Since then I have changed how I select sources and amps, but I use both inputs. Eventually I might get a mani to have a third table in my system. (I already own the table, it is just sitting waiting for room and integration).

Jun 2, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #59,900 of 150,258
Congratulations Jason. Is Unison input in the Modius galvanically isolated?

If no, then it is not the same UAC2 USB input as in the Bifrost 2 as your announcement implies.
If yes, I am surprised that it is not listed as a feature in the spec sheet.

EDIT: USB input is not electromagnetically isolated.

from the pcb pic on the web site, it does not look electromagnetically isolated. the balanced out should help with any potential USB ground noise issues, when used with balanced-differential pre-amp, HP amp, etc.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #59,902 of 150,258
@Jason Stoddard pics don't show the old 8-pin DIP flash (did you eventually use up the Schiit-ton of parts in inventory?)

Is there a way to update the firmware (shudders.... if necessary) via USB without returning the unit to the mothership or plugging a programmer dongle into the RJ connector?

p.s. nice PCB layout, I see a few tricks implemented there.

p.p.s
glad that Schiit continues to develop and bring to production new devices (notwithstanding COVID-19 related logistics issues), and helping to redefine the value-high-end-audio market.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #59,906 of 150,258
Couldnt you guys have done this yesterday before i bought a different dac lmao
Does your vendor have a reasonable return policy? :)

{{{edit... nevermind... just saw the Ebay reference...}}}

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #59,907 of 150,258
Does your vendor have a reasonable return policy? :)

{{{edit... nevermind... just saw the Ebay reference...}}}
Haha it's not an issue at all to be honest, just being cheeky,

I'm from the UK, crap is $100 more on average here, if it's even in stock (none of it is with no eta) so even if I hadn't bought anything I doubt I'd be able to buy one of these for months

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #59,909 of 150,258
can we still invest in Schiit audio? I seriously want to start my own headphone / amp business.

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #59,910 of 150,258
can we still invest in Schiit audio? I seriously want to start my own headphone / amp business.

5noHKsb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back