1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. hearditontheX
    FE95D1B6-79EA-4AEF-BBA2-C6A679F1BAD4.jpeg My boxes of joy from Schiit have arrived. Will be the perfect Thanksgiving project.

2. bcowen
    Coolness!! What be hidden inside that cardboard?

ScubaMan2017 and thebmc like this.
  3. grokit
    I was interested in Aegirs, but they weren't available. Then I liked the flexibility of adding SE inputs (my system is all balanced) and outputs, so I could run a sub, which tipped the scaled to the Ragnarok 2. D'oh!

The Aegir/Vidar amplifiers would be perfect places for straight up pass-throughs IMO.

Rensek likes this.
  4. hearditontheX
    Aegir and Saga+

Odin412, thebmc, the finisher and 3 others like this.
  5. Brubacca
    Can't wait for a report on Sunday night!

thebmc and bcowen like this.
  6. hearditontheX
    I’ll see what I can do. Be prepared for an underwhelmingly descriptive review. I will only be able to compare the sound to my that of my current amplifier, so I will be bringing a Schiit gatling gun to a Marantz knife fight.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    ScubaMan2017, bcowen, QueYo and 2 others like this.
  7. Roy G. Biv
    Nice! Why are you posting pics instead of getting it up and running? GO! This is what you've been waiting for lol

8. valiant66
    LOL!!

9. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    And what did the missus buy for herself?

Rensek, Paladin79 and bcowen like this.
  10. hearditontheX
    I did not want to do this at the end of a work day. Playing loud music at night will not get me any wife points. I also want to take my time and savor the experience.

She did not request anything from the Schiit catalogue. :ksc75smile:

QueYo, unsane69, yonson and 2 others like this.
  11. bcowen
    I assume you're pairing up the Aegir with the Salks (very nice speakers, BTW)? Be quite interested to hear how the 20 watts of the Aegir drive the 3A's.

Rensek and Paladin79 like this.
  12. yonson
    After the fall of Oppo (I don't think anyone saw that coming, luckily I was able to pick up a 2nd 205 from the 2nd batch for a spare) this is quite true however I don't see Schiit going anywhere anytime soon especially with their work ethic...

bcowen and Paladin79 like this.
  13. US Blues
    You need to get those bad boys plugged in a warming up for break in! Waste no time in getting upgraded fuses and power cords installed, and don't forget to sprinkle them with Unicorn Dandruff! And be sure to place them lovingly on anti-resonance shelves made of the finest Unobtanium!

j/k

Enjoy your new gear. :vulcan:

14. Odin412
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful combo.

Rensek and hearditontheX like this.
  15. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Oh you'll pay. Trust me you'll pay big time.

ScubaMan2017, sam6550a, RickB and 2 others like this.