1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Paladin79

I know of at least one person who has remodeled his house to accommodate them.
    They are still built in Hope Arkansas last I read and their home office is in Indianapolis, I know some folks who were involved there since I work maybe 15 minutes from it.

thebmc and bcowen like this.
  2. Balthazar B
    If you saw John Darko's just-posted video from the Warsaw Audio show, this has to be one of the most imposing pieces of kit, visually-speaking. Those tubes are about the size of large kittens!

[​IMG]

Here's Darko's report:

But other interesting stuff he remarks upon throughout the show.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    grokit and bcowen like this.
  3. kostaszag
    Hello Jason, I hope this question has not been asked and answered on the thread one thousand times already: have you ever considered selling the tonearm of the Sol as a separate product? It looks like good value-for-money to me and would look great on my current turntable. I assume that others would like to try it too.

bcowen likes this.
  4. Ableza
    Hideous. IMO.

5. AudioGal
    I dunno.... RCA 833 (and the Russian & European versions) DH triodes are pretty impressive to look at. 100 watts on the filament, big round pins - two on top, two on the bottom to hold it in place. A pair in class B modulator service could dish out 2.7KW of audio into the RF amplifier of an old school AM radio transmitter. Yeah, I could see building a SE triode amplifier around these. Though it's a level of insanity that I no longer aspire to....

ScubaMan2017, sam6550a, liamo and 2 others like this.
  6. Ableza
    Yea it's a taste thing. I would not have that amp in my house no matter what it sounded like. :)

7. bcowen
    Thanks for the link!

But I wish you wouldn't have used kittens as a comparative item. @Paladin79 is now going to be spending his time buying one of those tomorrow, and he really needs to be working on a new rack design for me to copy. :slight_smile:

sam6550a, Paladin79 and RickB like this.
  8. valiant66
    Wow. That Mag Lev turntable is crazy!

the finisher and Paladin79 like this.
  9. G0rt
    833's do seem slightly excessive for a headphone amp, though, unless you have a really, really big head. Still...

FB_IMG_1574614285431.jpg

10. Timster
    In the USD $4-5k range (or less if you look). Its the Triode TRV-A300XR

bcowen likes this.
  11. AudioGal
    Agreed! That's why my last DIY tube headphone amp only used 6528s and 6BX7s.

12. G0rt
    Sweet! I've been saving a matched pair of NOS Eimac 250TH for a similar project.

AudioGal, Paladin79 and bcowen like this.
  13. bcowen
    Thanks! There's a couple on Ebay in the ~$2600 range with shipping. Unfortunately, this part is a deal killer (for me):

upload_2019-11-24_17-42-38.png

Obviously the US market is not in their game plan, at least at this point. Still a really nice looking amp...

AudioGal and Paladin79 like this.
  14. Timster
    Seems that maybe you can get it for other voltages OR it works with others already, but yes would want to be careful.

https://www.hifido.co.jp/photo/16/053/05328/f.jpg

(Hope it's OK to post this on the thread, mods delete it if required)

15. johnjen
    Line voltage step down xfmrs are readily available, I have 2 of them.

No fuss, no muss, plug-n-play, built in, not added on, with your mind in mind…
    hahahahahahaha…

JJ

Paladin79 and bcowen like this.