1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Rensek
    Is this actually going to be released? It's been so long since they have talked about it, other then to say "we are trying to figure out how to package it" that I just figured it was another great idea lost to the dustbin of history.

2. bcowen
    If anybody here isn't ready for gadget week, they probably died and just haven't realized it yet. :smile:

thebmc, MatthiasP and ScubaMan2017 like this.
  3. audionics
    Time for an upgrade of your RAID device then.
    Running out of time with only few months support left.
    I rest my case.

MatthiasP and golfbravobravo like this.
  4. audionics
    Speculating is the mother of all f*ckups!

I can speculate that every Schiit user will upgrade once Unison is introduced.
    Why do people play music using a W computer anyways!???

MatthiasP likes this.
  5. audionics
    If it is conditional to a USB licence that would be viable. Probably the only viable reason.

6. rkw
    Because they have a Windows computer at home available to use. That's my reason anyway.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Byronb likes this.
  7. ScubaMan2017
    I was able to try my first pair of NICE headphones. Audeze LCD-2 closed back and LCD-XC. Oh. My. Glod. And I was driving them with a diminutive Fulla 2 (USB data & power from my Chromebook on battery).

thebmc and Rensek like this.
  8. ScubaMan2017
    My epiphany = (meticulously recorded/mixed/mastered music files) > (fancy bit-rate music files) < (headphone design)

GearMe likes this.
  9. audionics
    Very funny how people don't grasp the influence of filtering on sound quality.
    It is why upsampling was invented in the original 1980's CD players and getting around influences of filtering on the sound quality that still holds ground.

YES it is possible to hear the difference on good equipment and speakers/headphones!

10. GearMe
    Yes...but if push comes to shove...would rather listen to a Schiity master/Low rez cut of a favorite song on a BoomBox than uninspiring performances on meticulously recorded/mixed/mastered music files OR fancy bit-rate music files :wink:

Odin412, KoshNaranek, bcowen and 3 others like this.
  11. Brubacca
    Didn't Jason sat Sol was in production??? It has to be Sol and possibly an upgraded phono pre. Isn't mani an affordable version of a better tube phono pre that Baldr had designed?

12. golfbravobravo
    This is the sweet spot for me. Most of the recordings that I really love (much of it jazz, but by no means all) have are more open, transparent and sound stage. I'm not good at the descriptors (same with wine), but to me there is a difference. It may be that it is recording technique, but this guys all seem to use the higher bit/sample rates :)

It doesn't work on all recordings - I'm still generally unhappiest with classical and opera (though the new 'Flute' is spectacular). I paid a lot of money for the recent 24/96 Rattle Beethoven cycle and it is, frankly, crap. For any of you into brass bands, BrassBandRadio form Yorkshire, UK) stream and have a contest piece segment in the early afternoon UK time. I don't know whet they stream in, but some of those recordings are spectacular. (They also play LPs with distant scratches too!).

Cheers

MatthiasP likes this.
  13. ScubaMan2017
    ....something something... making a silk purse out of a sow's ear... something something... throwing pearls before swine... something something. And, @GearMe , I am NOT aiming that barb at you. Cool? :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  14. golfbravobravo
    If anyone is looking for a used NAS, I have a couple of ReadyNAS NV+ and a QNAP for sale. Just upgrading. And then the big 48Tb Dell 710 will go too. PM me if you have any interest.

Cheers

15. GearMe
    Ha! No worries...got pretty thick skin even if you were!

The question is what really is the silk/sow's ear, pearls, etc? :wink:

ScubaMan2017 and Darthpool like this.