Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 9, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #49,156 of 151,239
I'm not a fan of Jinjer, but Tatiana is a beast of a singer, truly impressive.
They are one of those "good for one track" bands, if you know what I mean. I saw Merging Moon perform six years ago in Japan and was absolutely blown away. (Plus a metal band that use a keytar can't be bad, can they?) :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #49,158 of 151,239
They are one of those "good for one track" bands, if you know what I mean. I saw Merging Moon perform six years ago in Japan and was absolutely blown away. (Plus a metal band that use a keytar can't be bad, can they?) :ksc75smile:

A keytar is always a feast for the eyes. I love the one Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater) plays at the end of The Dark Eternal Night (Live at Luna Park). And yeah... bands like Jinjer are to me like a one hit wonder, Pisces was the video that blown me away, but the rest of what I heard doesn't give me the impulse to look for more.

Jinjer reminded me of these other three videos from people whose style doesn't interest me at all, I mean... I would never buy anything from them ever, but man... the vocal performances are out of this world...

giphy.gif

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #49,161 of 151,239
BTW toggle switches are just toggle switches (not rear toggle switches).

Well, not perfectly exactly. If they are mounted on the back they are, in fact, rear toggle switches. If they were mounted on the front, they wouldn't be rear. Just to clarify. :slight_smile::stuck_out_tongue:

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #49,162 of 151,239
Are we talking about the forum full of people that when it comes to audio hate each other in a super... hateful way?

I think I know the one you're referring to. I hated all the people there. :laughing:

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #49,163 of 151,239

Speaking of Japan, how do you feel about Babymetal? I have a couple of their CD's, they are quite interesting...

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #49,165 of 151,239
Speaking of Japan, how do you feel about Babymetal? I have a couple of their CD's, they are quite interesting...
Babymetal is fun. They should have conquered the world by now. :)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #49,166 of 151,239
Certainly don't part with any tubes that you don't want to, but I would enjoy having those in the mix if they make their way to the Schiitr for a shootout. Glad to hear you like the 5691/5692 tubes. I wasn't planning on purchasing anything expensive until I tried the cheaper ones I purchased and got a sense of what the differences are like. But assuming I do, 5691/5692 tubes would probably be high on my list of options.

I did find a 5692 CBS Hytron that will be in the challenge. Listening to Nils Lofgren on it now, an impressive tube to say the least and deserving to be in the mix.

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #49,167 of 151,239
Death Metal "growl" vocals (AKA Cookie Monster vocals) have been around since the genre first appeared in the early 80's. It may be an acquired taste but many people really think it fits the musical style.

Mitch Funk, from Winnipeg's Personality Crisis, may well have been the instigator of the style. Another "unknown" yet highly influential Canadian band.

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #49,168 of 151,239
Mitch Funk, from Winnipeg's Personality Crisis, may well have been the instigator of the style. Another "unknown" yet highly influential Canadian band.
I will search for them online. The band Death is usually credited with inventing it.

Aug 10, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #49,169 of 151,239
Canada? 80’s? You don’t say. Probably don’t know these gems. Teenage head.

Nash the slash

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back