Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #4,891 of 154,669
Hey guys, it's like this: the switches aren't moving to the front (at least not anytime soon). This is based on our own engineering decisions and preferences. If they are not to your preferences, I understand completely.

However, this has given me a great topic for the next week's chapter, which could be summed up as "When to Listen, and When To Act." In short, listen all the time, but act only after careful consideration. I'll include at least one example from outside the audio industry where acting without careful consideration (and benchmarking against the competition) has resulted in a very costly, owner-unfriendly solution...that paradoxically many owners would ask for...if not outright demand.

Next chapter after that will be a fun one: Our Favorite Scammers...And How To Avoid Them

But Black chassis! We read that part, you said they sold slowly..... but they still sold, you know you want to try it again :wink:

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #4,892 of 154,669
  Hey guys, it's like this: the switches aren't moving to the front (at least not anytime soon). This is based on our own engineering decisions and preferences. If they are not to your preferences, I understand completely.

However, this has given me a great topic for the next week's chapter, which could be summed up as "When to Listen, and When To Act." In short, listen all the time, but act only after careful consideration. I'll include at least one example from outside the audio industry where acting without careful consideration (and benchmarking against the competition) has resulted in a very costly, owner-unfriendly solution...that paradoxically many owners would ask for...if not outright demand.

Next chapter after that will be a fun one: Our Favorite Scammers...And How To Avoid Them

Would you consider telling the fave scammers chapter first?
Human relation story is more relatable to me than the business insider story

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #4,893 of 154,669

And now you've got to be talking about switches? 
wink.gif

"Acting without careful consideration" is common in the world of software. I see such carelessness less often when there's significant financial exposure as in banking and trading.
Our friends in Redmond that have brouight us the BSOD, Vista, Windows 8 UI, etc. have no clue. Where's our support for native USB Audio 2.0?
Mistakes in hardware can't be fixed in a download and are usually costly to fix. I used to get nightmares before a pilot run.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,894 of 154,669
Jason/Mike - while powerswitchgate must be irritating as hell, it must feel pretty damn good to know that your products are so well loved that the only thing people have to bitch about is the friggin' placement of the power switch.  Congratulations!

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #4,895 of 154,669
  Jason/Mike - while powerswitchgate must be irritating as hell, it must feel pretty damn good to know that your products are so well loved that the only thing people have to bitch about is the friggin' placement of the power switch.  Congratulations!

Gotta agree with this, if device colour and power switch placement are your only compaints.............. **** and go listen to some tunes!!!!!

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #4,896 of 154,669
I just did not realise the bifrost can be upgraded to uber analog as well as uber gen 2 usb. I am tempted to get one while I save up for Yggdrasil. This hobby sucks my wallet dry lol.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha ha Reddog - I think you will end up owning everything they have. Oh it hurts soooo good.  lol

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #4,898 of 154,669

OhBoiOhBoiOhBoi...well said and cannot wait.

And I know this will probably go into the category of the "black colored Schiit" product requests...but I would happily pay for an aluminum chassis upgrade for Vali or non-Uber Magni/Modi.  Simply because my OCD is driving me nuts looking at my Vali/Modi2U aesthetic difference LOL  But as a business guy myself, I know marketing and production are 2 different realms. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #4,899 of 154,669
People turn their DAC off?

I never turn my phono pre-amp off.
Ooops, nevermind, it doesn't have a power switch. :wink_face:

Gotta agree with this, if device colour and power switch placement are your only compaints.............. **** and go listen to some tunes!!!!!

Very, very, very true! :D

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #4,901 of 154,669
Why should the digital section become a bottleneck if its data throughput far exceeds what is required for digital audio?

Eh, like I said, I might be wrong. I'm taking the perspective that all components should be in the same range to maximize cost/performance, but this is much more true for computers than audio I suppose (prior to discovering head-fi, my sole hobby was building and upgrading PCs, for money or course).

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #4,902 of 154,669
Eh, like I said, I might be wrong. I'm taking the perspective that all components should be in the same range to maximize cost/performance, but this is much more true for computers than audio I suppose (prior to discovering head-fi, my sole hobby was building and upgrading PCs, for money or course).

Think of it like a motherboard with more than enough power to handle the upgrades which are like PCI cards. If you change the interface to the cards then you'll have a problem, like the change to AGP video cards. In this case our need for bandwith shouldn't really change as it was for video. Is Schiit wants to add more features that the Bifrost can't support, then it'll be wallet time.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,903 of 154,669
I suspect the excessive returns problem will only be exacerbated when Bezos starts his drone deliveries and LYR Amps start dropping on roofs from 200 feet high
I would suggest Jason ship without tubes

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #4,904 of 154,669
I'm developing a high energy EMP projector with radar targeting that can knock Amazon drones out of the sky.  It'll be available from China soon.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #4,905 of 154,669
  I'm developing a high energy EMP projector with radar targeting that can knock Amazon drones out of the sky.  It'll be available from China soon.

Overkill, this is nothing that kid with a slingshot can't accomplish. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back