1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Do the button down collar with a necktie in Italy and you'll be shot.
    With the cravat old stile under the shirt you'll be safe and seen as gentry indeed.
    Molto intelligente.

2. KoshNaranek
    Why is the button down collar with a necktie a no go in Italy. Too British?

3. GearMe
    It's because there is a country-wide shortage of buttons in Italy! :wink:

(they use all their plastic to make sunglasses)

[​IMG] upload_2019-6-2_8-11-27.jpeg upload_2019-6-2_8-11-53.jpeg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  4. RCBinTN
    A great description of your experiences and better SQ, @Mumbles06. I may need to start thinking about speakers.

One of our most enjoyable experiences is watching BluRay DVD movies with the HP rig.
    The rig is Oppo 103 - optical - Gumby - Bryston amp - 2x HD800.
    Movies like the later Star Treks and Mission Impossibles have amazing sound - and superb soundstage, nearly 3D, with the HD800.
    FWIW, friends :)
    RCB

5. wink
    The only button down that counts...............
    [​IMG]

ScubaMan2017, 33na3rd and RCBinTN like this.
  6. Ableza
    I don't know, you could probably get away with it in Milan, depending on whose shirt you were wearing...

RCBinTN likes this.
  7. Robert Padgett
    Bedank!
    I, of course, was referencing an ascot rather than a tie, and as the photo indicates, not something I would be wearing often.
    My button-downs are almost thirty years old by now. I had a lady friend who suggested the "uniform" when we first met. I miss her dearly. She said that I could never go wrong, dressing as dapper as possible.
    Comfortable rules the day around my house, my days of making good impressions with attire were many moons ago.

RCBinTN likes this.
  8. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Just the opposite.
    They don't want to offend the English gentleman. That's where it comes from.
    Button down shirts where invented so when playing polo the tips of the collar wouldn't sting in the eye.
    But a naked neck was all too much so that's why they combined it with the cravat.

9. TheNidz
    I speak the language of Covfefe so I can translate the above:

'Sim hit' = (colloquial) Schiit
    'occsomsly' = occasionally
    'fsllthrojfnf the crocks' = falling through the cracks*

* This phrase is often confused with the covfefian phrase 'fsllthrojfnf thakk rocks', which means, 'man who harbours unseemly feelings for tractor'.

10. Ableza
    What a man and his tractor do in the privacy of their own home is no concern of mine.

motberg, US Blues, 33na3rd and 5 others like this.
  11. kumar402
    Guys is this the main thread for impression of Schiit preamp or do we have a separate thread for it?

12. GearMe
    Well said...or a woman for that matter (equal oppty/PC/etc.)

ScubaMan2017, RCBinTN and Ableza like this.
  13. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    This is the main thread for all schiit of life.

yonson, 33na3rd and RCBinTN like this.
  14. EricDH
    Don't try to make more sense of this thread than can be reasonably expected with us idiots here. This is indeed the general Schitt thread. Jason Stoddard (co-owner of Schitt) posts here regularly stories about the company, and he introduces new products here. Both are discussed by us in detail. And further you will find pics of cats (lots of them), discussions on whiskey, coffee, and other random subjects.

Apart from that, there are many "impressions" threads here, I know one about the Jotunheim. Whether or not one already exists for the new preamps I don't know. You could start one....

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  15. kumar402
    It was a genuine question as we have separate thread for Schiit DACs so I was under impression there is a separate thread for preamps as well. No need to get hyper
    It’s not like I spend my life in this thread that I’m worried what ppl post here..everyone is free to post whatever they want .My question was based on line that I have subscribed wrong thread for preamp impression and missing out on initial impression if they are posted somewhere else.