1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. EricDH
    Wasn't hyper at all. It was an attempt at being funny. But clearly your and my sense of humor don't overlap. Also, wasn't trying to attack you or so. Check my posts in general, and you will see that I never take part in any fights on subjects.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  2. kumar402
    No worries sorry if I came across as rude.

3. Ableza
    I don't think HeadFi hosts a separate 2-channel forum, does it? Here is as good a place as any, post your impression!

4. jseymour
  5. Ableza
    awesome! Thanks.

RCBinTN likes this.
  6. Derrick Swart
  7. Pedro Janeiro
    Theres any chance to see a Schiit Pre amp in near future with phono card?

Cheers!

8. Dana Reed
    Sure, Ragnarok 2 will take a phono card and act as a preamp, with a headphone output and speaker terminals as a bonus

Mike-WI, thebmc and Alcophone like this.
  9. Timster
  10. Pedro Janeiro

Hi, thanks for the fast reply @Dana Reed.
    Since im done with my headphone system for now, what im looking looking for, is something to use between future "Sol" and Ls50 in my living room.
    I know Rag2 is the one box solution, but for the ones who are thinking about Vidar(s) or Aegir(s) probably Rag 2 to use just as preamp doenst make sence IMO.

@Timster the new "+" isnt used to identify the Tubes pre amps right now?
    Anyone here knows if the Jotunheim is as good as pre amp, compared to dedicated schiit pre amps?

11. Timster
    Ahhh, sorry.... The "+" was to indicate a Jotunheim AND the phono card that can plug into it. :)
    Jotunheim is a Head-Amp/Pre-Amp that can have a DAC or a phono card added. It sounds fabulous, but I can't compare to a Saga or Freya as I haven't heard them.

Pedro Janeiro likes this.
  12. Pedro Janeiro
    Ah, sorry, i read that early in the morning and get confused with the "+" :ksc75smile:

13. audio philestine
    I think you just leaked the real name of [REDACTED], are you sure you haven't violated the terms of your NDA?

I thought 'fsllthrojfnf thakk rocks' was the bonus track on the obscure album 'I Rokk' by the Scandinavian progressive rock band 'Kasvot Vaxt'.

[for those not in on the joke, see 2018 on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phish_tours#List_of_musical_costumes]

[more detail courtesy of Rolling Stone: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ow-fake-scandinavian-band-kasvot-vaxt-750678/ ]

I'm now madly searching the intarwebs to see if that is a Zappa quote.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  14. Delirious Lab
    Thiiiiiiis. My experience was very similar (but with R300's instead of LS50's).

15. Derrick Swart