1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. liquidsmote

You could use a Yagi from your house to an AP further out on the property. I once had to setup a P2P to extend a Nortel system between two buildings ~ 300yds apart. The Yagi was the only way to get a reliable connection over that distance. The AP would provide coverage for the area.

2. the finisher
    These guys seem to have the gear.
    https://www.amazon.com/l/8938872011

3. earnmyturns
    Read somewhere else:
    Name: Aegir
    Constant transconductance design (like Lyr 3)
    Stereo: 20W into 8 Ohm, 40W into 4 Ohm; also works as dual mono, double the numbers
    First 10W in class A
    FR: 20Hz-20kHz -0.1dB, 3Hz-500kHz -3dB
    THD: 0.01% 20Hz-20kHz @ 20W RMS, 8 Ohm
    SNR: > 110db
    Crosstalk: >95db
    fully complementary current feedback, no coupling caps or DC servo

4. Paladin79
    Thanks for the reply Kosh and i will certainly consider that once I read up on it a bit.

My son uses Ubiquiti in his house and swears by it, I will keep that in mind.

Fortunately I will be coming out of the rear of my house close to where fiber optic enters and my router is located and it would be easy enough to do a yagi. At least for me cable, RP or standard connectors of most any type are things I work with so setting up an antenna is not hard. Thanks for taking the time guys!

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  5. Paladin79
    Interesting, and ten watts in class A may be quite enough for my purposes with the speakers I have in mind.

6. earnmyturns
    What I use, Ubiquiti UniFi AP and Ubiquiti EdgeRouter router. Require a bit of upkeep (firmware upgrades) but they work beautifully, much better than the consumer-grade !@#%? I used before.

7. the finisher
    So a amp as awesome as this should be needs a full on God name.

Everyone is gonna say Odin, but too obvious maybe?
    Thor seems to have some copyright issues:triportsad:
    Mike's already got @Baldr , so that would be confusing.

Heimdall

His hearing is so accurate that no sound escapes him: he can even hear the grass grow or the wool on a sheep's back.

Heimdal.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. dieslemat

Thanks. Are you able to pass me the link? I’d like to follow the conversation granted that its in a forum.

Rensek likes this.
  9. Ableza
    Sounds like a winner. I look forward to hearing it.

10. FLTWS
    How can a proper name have copy write issues? What about those individuals over the centuries and living whose first name is Thor?

the finisher likes this.
  11. yonson
    I have to say 10 watts per channel in Class A is quite impressive in a Vidar sized Chassis! Vidar is less than half the size of my Parasound JC-1's (monoblock) that are only 25 walls in Class A...

the finisher likes this.
  12. the finisher
    Aegir isn't even a god name.:triportsad:

But Aegir does make much sense.:)

Aegir (Old Norse “Ægir”) is a giant with white hair and a long beard, he is well skilled in the arts of magic. He might be a brother to Loki the trickster and Karl.
    Aegir is married to his sister Ran :anguished:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  13. yonson
    Yeah, definitely didn't expect it to be named that..

the finisher likes this.
  14. Paladin79
    Maybe it will become a contraction, Aggy or some such.

I had to stop in my efforts today to check out some tubes a southern gentleman on here sent me. Maybe late tonight I will plug some into a Lyr 2 but right now I am comparing a Westinghouse tube to others in my collection, one can never have enough tubes. :ksc75smile:

CAPT Deadpool and sam6550a like this.
  15. the finisher
    I don't even know how to pronounce this name.