1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. bagwell359
    People are proud of what they are, know, and like. Personally I find Italy to (North, Central and South) to contain a number of proud and even perhaps egotistical boosters of the history, culture and food. Given that I've been there 4 - no - 5 times (I count Corsica as culturally and gastronomically Italian) I guess my vote is clear. I love England, Spain, France, Croatia, Norway, St. Maarten, San Francisco, etc. too. But, Italy is #1 - for me. :smile_phones:OTOH I'm a dog guy - red brindled bullmastiff if you please.

Except for Bose 901's, the political situation in the US, and a certain headphone, I've pretty much let go of overt criticism of anything. If someone is too overbearing for you - you won't change them, might as well focus on some other aspect of the person or walk away in peace.

RIght now I'm sitting in an outdoor cafe in Bologna... I wish.

2. Timster
    Sorry, but right now I AM sitting at a winery near Poggio alla Croce (AirBNB, where we are staying in Tuscany), watching the rain fall, and enjoying a Chianti Classico. Was also having espresso, cheese, pasta etc. in Bologna only a day or two back.

Food and wine in Italy has been amazing this last two weeks. I fear that the next leg in the UK may not live up to the same standards, but would happily be corrected :)

3. JohnnyCanuck
    stupid people.jpg

4. Paladin79
    I always liked that quote, a similar one is this:

“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

I was searching for a Twain quote and came across the listing below.

Some of my favorite authors are listed here including Raymond Chandler, Patricia Highsmith, Jack Kerouac, PKD, Hemingway, Hesse, etc.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/30-renowned-authors-inspired-by-cats

5. bagwell359
    Ahhh... actually we want to spend more time in Tuscany during non high season (like now). If you get a chance check out Lucca.

I think the food in the UK is a lot better than the old reputation. You can get some good prices in those pre packed sandwich places along with very good salads. London like all big cities is expensive, but once you get into say Northumberland or towards Wales it's quite reasonable. Can't leave the UK w/o having eel pie or some Burton River Ales.

We got back from Iceland/Norway about a month ago. Next trip in April from Barcelona to the Alhambra

Enjoy

6. Timster
    Thanks for the tip! It's coming off high season but is still quite busy. I can understand the appeal of being here in low season from a crowd perspective, but for sure the weather would be a lot colder! I guess a reason for more wine and espresso to keep you warm!

7. Paladin79
    In the meantime I have a couple electronic devices to build, it has been a few years since I have done test equipment. That which is used develops, that which is not used wastes away. I forget who said that but I like to stay active. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
    CAPT Deadpool and the finisher like this.
  8. the finisher
    On it.:)

9. Paladin79
    That was not a hint lol, I have to build some test equipment, amps are maybe third and fourth on my list right now.

During the week I need to extend my wifi signal so I am thinking through some of that, I need to be able to go 100 yards in a few directions to cover my property as i wish. I am also looking into becoming a sponsor here, but I need to do some prep work before that happens.

10. the finisher
    Going to finish at a real cabinet shop this weekend, so on it. :wink:

Custom DIY speakers anyone...

11. Snowpuppy77
    Actually thinking back on it guys when I heard the Schiit RMAF system one speaker was cutting out and one of the guys fixed it. He said it was a prototype and needed new firmware. I did not connect the dots until now. They must have been new amps but looked just like Vidars. I thought they sounded nice. Going to go back and check again today.

12. the finisher
    It's for real, 20 watt class A SE stereo, or 80 watt balance mono.

Gota have!

Edit: Why are there zero copies of said promo flier posted anywhere, What?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  13. dieslemat
    Please ask for more specs :)

CAPT Deadpool and the finisher like this.
  14. KoshNaranek
    I use this one
    https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-outdoor/

I have a smaller yard than you however

jmarcusg and Paladin79 like this.
  15. Rensek
    Please ask for a flyer/handout and post it here.

the finisher and dieslemat like this.