1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Ableza
    god I hope not, I really hate the trend of every Schiit product being given a cutesy nickname ending with "Y". Just call it by its name fercrissakes.

2. Ableza
    EYE-gir

RCBinTN and Rensek like this.
  3. the finisher
    Thanks.

Hum, not liking that, it's gonna get a nickname. :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    motberg, MWSVette and Rensek like this.
  4. liquidsmote
    [​IMG]

5. Ripper2860
    Nah. Only Multibit DACS have cutey names ending in "Y". Mimby, Gumby, Yggy -- there's no Vidy, Raggy, Lyry, Joty, etc. I think we're safe on this one. :wink:

Add to that the fact that University of Texas Longhorn fans would not tolerate anything named Aggy (Texas A&M)...

6. liamo
    I can assume SE and balanced inputs?

7. Paladin79
    Where the heck do you think I stole, um borrowed it from???? As far as pronunciation, A and E together are sometimes pronounced like the "a" in cat. I can get by with most any name as long as it does not start and end with the same vowel.:unamused:

ItsAllInMyHead and the finisher like this.
  8. Ripper2860
    You knew that would get my dander up. You're a sneaky one. :D

Paladin79 likes this.
  9. Paladin79
    I had totally forgotten they sometimes play football in Texas!!! I always considered it the badminton state.

10. the finisher
    1 pair RCA, and 1 XLR, as Vidar?

11. sam6550a
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

12. Ripper2860
    So it looks like I have something to look forward to, then!! :wink:

sam6550a and Paladin79 like this.
  13. Rensek
    If the first 10 watts are in class A, would that be for 8 ohm speakers? Does that mean for 4 ohm speakers the first 20 watts would be in class A? Or does speaker ohm not correlate to when an amp leaves class A?

The speakers I am considering with this new amp are all in 85-89 DBA range. Magneplar MMGi (4 ohm), or wharfedales & elacs (8ohm) They won't get cranked super loud very often.

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  14. Paladin79
    Ripper I just turned on college football and Texas is up two touchdowns on Oklahoma, if Texas prevails I will only refer to you as Sir Ripper for a month. It seems like there is a professional team down there with some kind of bovine name but it escapes me right now.

Anyway glad to hear about the XLR input on the new amp,

CAPT Deadpool and the finisher like this.
  15. Ripper2860
    I'm not an expert, but IMHO, I wouldn't really consider speakers that don't fall into at least low-to-mid 90's efficiency (ex 92db+). Just doesn't seem like there would be enough dynamic headroom w/ lower efficiency speakers at 10W.

CAPT Deadpool and the finisher like this.