1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. the finisher
    I have lifted grounds to eliminate ground loops in the past, no need at my home now though.

2. sam6550a
    Wow, can this open a can of nuclear worms? What a fantastic thread!!
    PS: I am a professional agitator.

3. the finisher
    5d51713777c03a145c4220b2fd2b8e4962e63bee37e8acd9578fbb119f63ca88.jpg

4. sam6550a
    Ah, the mysteries of life.

JohnnyCanuck, the finisher and Rensek like this.
  5. TomSix
    Steady Mates! Careful there young men! Ground lifts can kill !!! Particularly with 240V mains voltages. What grizzled roadies *sometimes* get-away with on their hot-wired Marshall guitar amps -- I personally wouldn't take such risks, to myself or to others.

Proper hum-free grounding can always be achieved safely, with a little bit of effort.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  6. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Aren't there some few million regulations for this?

Ableza, gljus and the finisher like this.
  7. sam6550a
    Ignore regulations--they only exist to protect the lower 5% of the gene pool.

8. the finisher
    The gears I'm talking about is newer compliant stuff, and floating ground.

9. Rowethren
    I don't know whether I interpret wrongly but I find most of @Pietro Cozzi Tinin posts to be satirical in nature. Why so serious guys!

10. the finisher
    Schiit, so no news from RMAF? I'm outa here for a bit.

Live music tonight, some redneck rock from Bad Company & Lynyrd Skynyrd. :metal::metal: :ksc75smile:

ScubaMan2017, riffrafff and RCBinTN like this.
  11. Rattle
    lol wrong thread to come to if you're actually interested in Schiit audio or audio stuff I guess ?

Paladin79 likes this.
  12. Rowethren
    It has its moments. Most of the Schiit product discussions end up in the threads for specific items. This one ends up being a bit of a free for all and covers most topics you can think of. If you do have Schiit questions ask away though I am sure someone can help!

ScubaMan2017 and the finisher like this.
  13. Derrick Swart
    True but amp in active speaker or on a passive are two different worlds

the finisher likes this.
  14. HumanFly
    If one takes himself to serious it becomes really easy to project this onto others.
    If anyone was asking, I would say it explains a lot of things that go wrong in the world.

I said it anyway.

Juan_R, Pandahead, MWSVette and 6 others like this.
  15. rlow
    Not sure if this was fully answered for you, but I believe in the past Jason has said:

Hum from the amp = DC Offset on your power lines
    Hum from the speakers = Ground loop (or noisy source)

Both should be audible from the listening position to be considered abnormal (it’s normal to have some hum when you’re right next to the amp).

DC offset can be solved by something like Emotiva CMX-2. For groundloops I believe Jason has recommended EBtech HumX