1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Grits do not exist in Europe and I really do not know where they're from in the US.
    This quote was from a US tv celebrity chef.
    If I offended someone by quoting him I am terribly sorry.

2. riffrafff
    We DEMAND instant gratification, dammit! We're ENTITLED! :ksc75smile: :o2smile: :o2smile: :o2smile: :o2smile:

3. Rensek
    Spoken like a true milennial. Wait... How old are you?..... Oh no... the sickness is spreading. ....

4. Brubacca
    Gen X here refreshing my screen every couple of minutes until I see the news!

motberg and Rensek like this.
  5. madwolfa
    It certainly does if you consider Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Georgia, Albania, Serbia, Macedonia (and probably Italy with their polenta) part of Europe.

RCBinTN, the finisher and Paladin79 like this.
  6. Rensek
    In years past schiit has posted a news release on their website about the goods they are previewing at RMAF. Hopefully they do it this year as well.

ScubaMan2017 and the finisher like this.
  7. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Ah but that's the thing.
    I fed polenta to lots of Americans and asked them if it was Grits-like.
    They where all unanimous that it doesn't even resembles grits.
    I guess I have to be fed grits to understand the difference myself.
    And no... I do not consider all countries you mention European. Far from it in fact.

audio philestine and US Blues like this.
  8. gljus
    I use a Vidar in single ended configuration at EU voltage and it also produces both transformer hum and speaker level hum. Transformer hum is audible (not very loudly, but still audible) from the listening position but the noise coming through the speakers is much lower level and can be heard only at a distance of couple of inches away.

I tried using it at the same outlet without the ground wire (DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME) and the transformer hum was still there but lower level. Based on this I concluded there is a lot of noise in the power grid and most likely a ground loop.

As @Pietro Cozzi Tinin said, the solution (and my next HiFi investment) will be a power regenerator.
    If you are in The United States which are in America, you have a couple of cheaper options to try such as the Emotiva filter that @the finisher suggested.

the finisher likes this.
  9. gljus
    Well, TBH, if an Italian doesn’t have the right to criticize food, who does? :D

10. Paladin79
  11. madwolfa
    Some might even call those... "schiitholes".. and as someone originally from those parts, I'm not really surprised. But I digress.

12. Paladin79
    The French

MWSVette and the finisher like this.
  13. the finisher

[​IMG]

14. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Thanks for the link but I'm not convinced.
    I can cook rice a million ways with lots of different rice races.
    Cooked rice in India doesn't come near cooked rice in Italy.
    They're both delicious in a million ways however.
    Different cultures tend to cook the same produce waaaaay different.
    So in this instance I must depend on the opinion of people who ate both polenta and grits in their native cooking environment.

MWSVette, sam6550a and Rensek like this.
  15. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Oh nooooo.
    You know better than that.
    The French better cooks than Italians?
    Get real.

MWSVette, Byronb, RCBinTN and 2 others like this.