Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #39,182 of 150,767
It's definitely possible, however to me the hints in the post point away from Class A and towards the new topology Jason has been working on... I guess we'll find out for sure in a little over 24 hours :)

After reading more posts I definitely agree with your assesment. I haven't been following the thread as closely as others, but after that the class A amp is unlikely.

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #39,183 of 150,767
The interesting part to me is to know what will be the key differentiation compared to Vidar. For sure it has to be something more radical than "just" a new topology: size factor, Watts, tubes instead of transistors, price, something else? Otherwise, I don't see the point to introduce another power amp when you already have a great one with an also great price tag, except if it's "just" a new topology, but a new one that it's so good that put Vidar to shame when it comes to measurements & sonic performance.

I don't know if Jason has given us some clues in the past that went over our heads, I try to remember but my mind is totally blank in that regard :D

EDIT:

I forgot to add that maybe this will be a desktop amp?, you know... to power small passive speakers. If that's the case, then obviously they aren't introducing a Vidar alternative. In the other hand, self-powered monitors are so common that I don't know how big the market is for a desktop amp.

Ahh, just some more hours waiting, only to discover -again- how good I'm at failing miserably at predicting the new hot schiit.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #39,186 of 150,767
My vote:

Dump the tube on the Lyr3 form factor and put a fan in the hole. Then use that added air flow capacity to create a 50w bridged monoblock speaker amplifier or a 25w 2ch amp. Or more watts, I'm ok with moah being better.

Hey, I can dream big, can't I?

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #39,194 of 150,767
Noise, both electrical and mechanical.
yes, for example those thousands watts PRO amps running hot... you've a quite passage and the fan kicks in...spoiler big time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back