Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 4, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #39,196 of 151,308
Guys. It's the SOL. Trust me.

Nah, Sol is old news already. They showed it to us in a streamer. People interested in it is just waiting for the "release" date, but it's not a mystery anymore. Per Jason's post, this will be a new WIP product.

Noise, both electrical and mechanical.

Ah, I see, but it's that just a matter of preference of yours or the noise is easily noticed as a sonic degradation?

In InnerFidelity video, Jason admits they are playing with portables (batteries) and class D . Whoa.

Gossip.gif

So, Ragnarok (as the event that ends with this world) is just around the corner? What's next, Mike changing his mind about MQA?

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #39,197 of 151,308
In InnerFidelity video, Jason admits they are playing with portables (batteries) and class D . Whoa.
they play with everything...but don't produce everything!

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #39,199 of 151,308
Someone's probably already pointed this out, but the start date of RMAF (Oct. 5) is the same "backordered to" date of the Ragnarok.
Schiit has already said a Rag v2 is not coming (anytime soon).

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #39,200 of 151,308
Noise, both electrical and mechanical.

I looked pretty hard at that emotiva A-100, it has good specs, is cheap, and the headphone jack is taken right from the speaker output, with a few resistors in the way, but they included jumpers to bypass the resistors. That fan for sure scares me away, and kept me from ordering it.

I have largely stopped using my Xbox for streaming, the chromecast is dead silent. iPad over laptop, list goes on and on.

Fans suck.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #39,201 of 151,308
Oct 4, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #39,202 of 151,308
I want a mega-burrito-ized, multi-bit, portable DAP. :L3000:

Honestly I could never see that happening as Mike has said he doesn't want to commit to constant software updates previously. One can dream though :beerchug:

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #39,203 of 151,308
For me it was stumbling out of a pub in Ullapool, Scotland, at closing time. The sky was so amazing I thought I was seeing the start of WWIII over the horizon. It took my sozzled brain a while to figure out it was just the night sky.
Western Scotland night skies those rare cloud-free nights are something. Only experienced them in the summer, when it does not get totally dark because of the high latitude.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #39,205 of 151,308
They knew, but in engineering, dressing down is de reguer, one of the big reasons I quit business IBM Blue & Red, and moved to UNIX/Linux beard/T-shirt land in the early 80's.

Dressing down is one thing, wearing a white t shirt and gym shorts to work is completely another. Its my Navy background but I cant even leave the house in a white t shirt....those are undershirts....

Guys. It's the SOL. Trust me.

SOL wouldn't be a surprise to anyone though..its all but announced at this point. We even had a basic idea of when it will be available....

What I want is a Lyr like continuity based SS amp that's either an upgrade to the Jot or the Asgard but I feel like these are still a ways off.

What I really think it will be is a 2 channel speaker amp because Jason more or less said they were working on a continuity speaker amp a while ago in this very thread.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #39,207 of 151,308
Yeah, I remember it got quite competitive with those EQs. The greater the number of bands, the 'better'. Flashy LED, LCD or Fluorescent bar-graph level displays for each band became pretty much de rigueur.
Heck, they looked neat --fun to watch. A stereophile version of the lava lamp :wink:

Oh yeah....my friend had a black Yamaha with the fluorescent bar graph display back in the early '90's. Sooooo much fun drinking massive quantities of beer in a dark room while staring at the pretty, bouncing lights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back