1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Xcalibur255
    This, and Odin, seem like the names that are begging the most to be used in future products.

2. Paladin79
    I have suggested Gandalf for something small but most would probably think LOTR's.

3. TomSix
    I regret not being able to make RMAF this year --simply not in the cards.

Just as much for the camaraderie and visiting with friends, as for any of the professional reasons.

It would be great to have a listen to whatever sort of 2-channel rig Schiit will be running.

Maybe that long-awaited 'SOL' turntable will be in the mix?

4. Xcalibur255
    Being open-minded is good. It's important too. Jason is on record as saying he feels Class D is junk, and his opinion is backed up by more experience than I have. The thing to remember is this though: it may turn into non-junk one day and quite possibly is in the process of doing so right now. Ignoring a technology that is evolving is a good way to get your company left behind, so it's smart of them to keep an eye on it even if they are not active supporters.

5. ashirin
    I'm almost certain that the surprise product at RMAF is the amp Jason mentioned in 2018, Chapter 6: Amplifying the Future. Maybe.

In "maybe #2" Jason talked about a 20W class A amp in a Vidar chassis that "transitions into continuity" as it "falls out of" class A. He also mentions that it will run at 50 degrees C and cost ~$100 more than Vidar.

This is a dead ringer for every hint in Jason's last post. It is "hot Schiit" based on the Continuity topology which "veers away" from a traditional class A amp and costs less than "4 figures"

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  6. valiant66
    And for Jason.

Rensek likes this.
  7. Xcalibur255
    That would be a good name for an EQ or room correction product. Something "wise and all knowing."

the finisher and US Blues like this.
  8. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I think it should be ABBA.
    Sweden is just next door to Norway.

RCBinTN, Zojokkeli, Svatopluk and 2 others like this.
  9. valiant66
    An EQ would be much more likely than room correction. In the latter case they would either have to write their own software (expensive x 3) and support it (expensive x ∞), or license someone else's, in which case they become dependant on another company, which is something they really don't like.

That being said, Magic 8-Ball says "Unlikely" to a new EQ this time around.

10. soundman414
    I think a number of companies have overcome the drawbacks of Class D. PS Audio addressed it with a Class A input stage and their Stellar power amps have gotten great reviews. Red Dragon Audio is another company that has been able to find success through iterative improvements using various Class D modules. Also, Class D is used in many professional and hi-fi powered speakers - even those by renowned speaker companies like Dynaudio, Dali, etc.

Implementation and know-how/R&D are what seem to make a Class D amp good or bad. I think of it a lot like digital audio... when it started out, there were low bit-rate MP3s and enormous WAV files... now you have FLAC, ALAC, MQA, and 24/192 music... It just takes time and investment.

11. Rensek
    If you scroll the exhibited products page on the RMAF site you can see a good deal of schiit is already slated to be exhibited, and they have a large presence there, multiple rooms/exhibits between RMAF & Canjam (4). I would bet that Sol will indeed be there, as it's both HP and 2ch, gadget will probably be there too. If they don't preview a 2ch continuity amp, then Jason's previous post would be an interesting ruse.

https://www.audiofest.net/attending/exhibitors/?keyword=S

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    the finisher likes this.
  12. bagwell359

Paladin79 likes this.
  13. riffrafff
    Jason mentioned in that video interview that Class-D has gotten more interesting of late, what with new, faster junctions.

14. US Blues
    And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

~ Mithrandir, aka. Gandalf

Rensek likes this.
  15. earnmyturns
    deleted