1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Derrick Swart
    barondla likes this.
  2. Derrick Swart
    look at the Schiit on the desks at sonarworks office
    upload_2018-10-4_11-24-28.png

3. ksorota
    It looks as though not everyone got the memo about photo day:ksc75smile:

RCBinTN likes this.
  4. Derrick Swart
    and then you get the honor to be in the middle :):gs1000smile:

the finisher, yonson and KoshNaranek like this.
  5. yonson
    Gotcha, I didn't realize that was the case. I thought it was pretty strange that they didn't include it out of the box. I figured what's an extra $100 on a $2000+ pre/pro so I just went ahead and upgraded mine...

6. yonson
    I always try to skip company photos like this...

We just had one last week since our project is wrapping up. I had gone to the head and to grab some water, when I walked back in there wasn't a soul in sight, I noticed some people outside and figured they were having an announcement so I started heading that way. When I got a little closer I saw they had a lift out there with a photographer on it and just turned around and went back to work :)

7. Zojokkeli
    We also had a major product launch in spring, so I kept some holidays during the official launch ceremonies and press coverage days.

E: We did have the former Formula 1 star Mika Häkkinen visit our factory last month with a photographer, so now my face is occasionally plastered on the information televisions in the cafeteria because I went to take a photo with him.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    hearditontheX and yonson like this.
  8. US Blues
    Thank you friends, after reading your posts regarding digital EQ (which sounds like a$$), and the failings of past multi band units (I had one 'back in the day'), I am more convinced than ever that the Loki Max is a "must build" product for Schiit. Or at least, one that I would buy as soon as it's on their website.

dieslemat, RCBinTN and the finisher like this.
  9. Brubacca
    Hope its a Class A amp the size of Vidar!

the finisher and KoshNaranek like this.
  10. yonson
    Mika! He is one of my all time favorite racers, I'm still waiting for him to come back from his sabbatical... :triportsad:

So yeah, I'd definitely have my picture taken with him...

11. yonson
    It's definitely possible, however to me the hints in the post point away from Class A and towards the new topology Jason has been working on... I guess we'll find out for sure in a little over 24 hours :)

the finisher likes this.
  12. ScubaMan2017
    After re-ripping my 1990s-era Wall CD (from AAC to ALAC [with active, whole-album, GainReplay] settings) I noticed a lack of base from my listening nook. I fiddled with Loki-Mini to make its output pleasing to my ears. I notice a bit of criticism about this tonal control over at my other newsgroup - linustechtips. Heck, I’ve found the Loki useful for relieving my symptoms of Tinitus (or when my ears are fatigued). I’m happy with it.

Now... tubes... yeah... the Vali 2... that’s the ticket... a sure path to aural nirvana... :ksc75smile:

13. ScubaMan2017
    For me, it was repeatedly pressing on/off the Dolby Sound and CrO2/normal tape toggles on my dad’s cabinet-sized, 1980s-era, wood-laminated Radio Shack, Realistic cassette player. Those analogue VU meters were mesmerizing to a preeteen...

ItsAllInMyHead, Ripper2860 and TomSix like this.
  14. bagwell359
    They knew, but in engineering, dressing down is de reguer, one of the big reasons I quit business IBM Blue & Red, and moved to UNIX/Linux beard/T-shirt land in the early 80's.

the finisher likes this.
  15. Ableza
    Nah, that's a typical California office...

RCBinTN, sam6550a and ksorota like this.