Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 11, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #30,017 of 150,605
All this talk of speaker wires, interconnects, and solder is really moot, if you haven't got the polarity of your fuse correct. :ksc75smile:

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #30,018 of 150,605
**** I just replaced the one in the back of my BHSE and didn't check this! I better pull the amp out and make sure I didn't put it in backasswards..

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #30,019 of 150,605
The VN² is up and running with my Pioneer Elite CD/DVD single box player. The glow is heavenly and so the first CD I am playing is Johnny Mathis' "Heavenly". I am listening via the Monoprice M560s which are a relatively inexpensive pair of planar type 'phones. Later on I will (finally) try them with out the wood (!) cups and see how they do as open headphones.

Familiarity is a comfort to me and Mathis' voice is among my all time favorites. The VN² coupled with the M560s doth still my soul. Well, if I had a soul they would. As it is, I am nigh on weeping with the joy of Mathis' voice. Some people say that they want a "no strings attached" relation ship. For such as I, the only strings that matter seem to be the ones they avoid. Heart strings. Damn...His voice is so soothing to me.

Enough of me. It is dark and I am alone in my memories. Schiit indeed.

How has the first day gone basking in the glow of your tubed Schiit? Hopefully all your Mathis is sounding so sublime that it makes you wear a silly grin!

Cheers

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #30,021 of 150,605
ORT,

How has the first day gone basking in the glow of your tubed Schiit? Hopefully all your Mathis is sounding so sublime that it makes you wear a silly grin!

Cheers

I listened for a few hours non-stop. So far, I have heard nothing but the music. But as the saying goes, it is what lies between the notes that is of note and that being the sound track of life it self. Play it again, Sam? Even though Rick never said that in Casablanca, I say yes!

Thank you!

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #30,022 of 150,605
I listened for a few hours non-stop. So far, I have heard nothing but the music. But as the saying goes, it is what lies between the notes that is of note and that being the sound track of life it self. Play it again, Sam? Even though Rick never said that in Casablanca, I say yes!

Thank you!

ORT,

Waiting to hear your comments on Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat now that you've got your VN² up and running.

JC

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #30,023 of 150,605
I am handy with the soldering iron and I probably have no choice than to replace them with Neutrix indeed.
Still I hate it when a big brand like them make such sloppy connectors.

I wonder if they think by making connectors without the lock that when Constanza yanks on the cable it will dislodge before possibly damaging the wire?

All my AQ balanced cables are from previous generations and have the lock. It also seems they tried to make these new balanced connectors (that unfortunately you are having trouble with) to resemble the shape of their RCA's.

Some of my gear has locks on the female balanced connector on the component so Constanza could really swing.
IMG_20180311_203512074~2.jpg

The kicker is you can't tell by the pictures that there is no lock and they don't say "new svelte non locking female connector"

Have you considered duct tape?:L3000:

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #30,025 of 150,605
ORT,

Waiting to hear your comments on Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat now that you've got your VN² up and running.

JC
I have listened to it for at least two dozen full plays and will say this. It has become a part of my life. Her voice..."Sigh"... I will look into figuring out how to hear it via the Valhalla Noir 2 because one can never have too much of a beautiful thing presented in a variety of venues, if you will.

Of course it does not hinder me in the least that she is still (to me, at least) a stone cold fox. :ksc75smile: Ever the shallow toad, eh my friend?:beerchug:

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #30,026 of 150,605
This is more of a @Baldr thread post, but can someone do a production of the Elixir of Love where Dulcamara is selling $20,000 speaker cables and $50,000 USB cables?

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #30,027 of 150,605
Mar 12, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #30,028 of 150,605
First post for me... I’ve searched these forums and found questions regarding this but no answer. For a Saga to Magni 3 setup, can I turn the Magni all the way up and use the Saga for remote controlled volume? Does the Magni 3 basically become a headphone power amp? Does this affect sq by having the Magni all the way up?

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #30,030 of 150,605
I wonder if they think by making connectors without the lock that when Constanza yanks on the cable it will dislodge before possibly damaging the wire?

All my AQ balanced cables are from previous generations and have the lock. It also seems they tried to make these new balanced connectors (that unfortunately you are having trouble with) to resemble the shape of their RCA's.

Some of my gear has locks on the female balanced connector on the component so Constanza could really swing.

The kicker is you can't tell by the pictures that there is no lock and they don't say "new svelte non locking female connector"

Have you considered duct tape?:L3000:
Your picture shows the male plug and indeed the new AQ misses the lock slot there.
On the female plug the lock should be on the plug itself.
(and isn't anymore with AQ)
It's a travesty I tell you.
Would I have known I wouldn't have bought this cable and I advise everyone here indeed not to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back