1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. bosiemoncrieff
    I suppose fecal position is a schiit joke

US Blues, FLTWS and OldRoadToad like this.
  2. OldRoadToad
    Because I can not delete.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. brad1138
    Mimby vs Bimby... I am in the market for another DAC. I have a Mimby already and it is great. From what I have read in more than a few places, the Bimby isn't any better, or "the Mimby is just a smaller Bimby"...

2 questions, is the Bimby any better (I really can't afford $600 either way...) and is Mimby still king of the <$300 DACs (probably not the best thread to ask that in)?

4. elira
    Bimby has better power supply, after USB Gen 5 it has better USB interface, and it's upgradeable.

RCBinTN likes this.
  5. Dana Reed
    It also does a better job of holding down the veneer on my old entertainment center, and looks better with a Lyr sitting atop it than a modi would.

6. brad1138
    $350 for added paper weight ability.... a bit steep... :wink:

OldRoadToad likes this.
  7. gljus
    Why, thank you, good sir; I was wondering what jewel I missed due to ORT’s lightning-fast redacting!

Now I wonder how to the point the other (redacted) remarks must have been -_-

Cheers, ZZ

OldRoadToad likes this.
  8. hearditontheX
    Do your tastebuds a giant favor and try a single origin coffee from Kean Coffee
    http://www.keancoffee.com/Products/FreshRoastedBeans.aspx. Martin Diedrich is a second generation roaster with a tremendous respect for coffee and the people that grow the beans. Their roasts consistently bring out the character of the beans. They have two stores in SoCal.

9. Alcophone
    Please, stop it with the coffee suggestions.

The only appropriate coffee for the Schiitr, and this thread, is Kopi Luwak.

Made from beans ingested and later pooped out by the Asian palm civet, also called the toddy cat.

Cats, schiit, coffee.

You're welcome.

10. valiant66
    --mispost--

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  11. RCBinTN
    I'll bet you're right too, Jason. If you go public, I will buy stock.

OldRoadToad likes this.
  12. valiant66
    Triple thumbs up on John Peel. He was my radio hero, and when I got a show of my own I tried (unsuccessfully) to emulate him. I was devastated when he died. He shapes my musical taste to this very day.

13. RCBinTN
    And, Gungnir MB. At $1,250 including Gen 5 USB, it's an amazing value for a DAC.
    IMO. I have one.

Snowpuppy77 and rlow like this.
  14. rlow
    You my friend, win the Schiitrnet. :beerchug:

Alcophone likes this.
  15. rlow
    Schiit could easily have twice as many products on the list if they had the time to review them all.