Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #28,246 of 145,577
Yep, we've picked up some kudos from TAS lately...

Oh, and also, "Obsolete."

Saga should be on that list of high end bargains. It’s as good as certain preamps costing four figures here in the uk, never mind other sub £1000.00 preamps.

And, Gungnir MB. At $1,250 including Gen 5 USB, it's an amazing value for a DAC.
IMO. I have one.

Schiit could easily have twice as many products on the list if they had the time to review them all.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #28,248 of 145,577
It also does a better job of holding down the veneer on my old entertainment center, and looks better with a Lyr sitting atop it than a modi would.

Having an Asgard and one of the tube amps on top of the Bimby looks even better. I'm contemplating getting a Jotunheim for no other purpose than heightening my pile O' Schiit.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #28,250 of 145,577
Jan 11, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #28,251 of 145,577
ORT's demands have been heard. Behold, Schiit's new launch:

Heimdallr, (named after the World-Brightener god). It's a 2-in-1 VU meter and red LED upgrade which fits just about every Schiit device.

Yours for $49 (installed by Schiit) or $24 (self-installed, if you don't mind voiding your warranty).

I love that delicately drawn curve of the meter. Art, so wow.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #28,253 of 145,577
As good as Gumby would look underneath my Mjolnir 2, I refuse to upgrade until I can comfortably purchase King Yggy. Furthermore, no matter how good the coffee is, I refuse to step behind the orange curtain to get it.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #28,255 of 145,577
I no longer subscribe to nor buy, John Asskissin's Stereopile magazine. :L3000:

I do enjoy Robert Harley's TAS but take a great deal of it as just what you said, "fantasy", albeit more novella than novel. Robert is a good man whom I have met and call friend. No, we're not great buds but I found no deceit in him..Asskissin on the other hand is foul. He is no writer, more a typist. Make that a "copy typist".

Back on topic. My brother likes his Vali 2. It is getting him to listen to his music on CD and records again. Sweet!

I as well have much more respect for RH
As good as Gumby would look underneath my Mjolnir 2, I refuse to upgrade until I can comfortably purchase King Yggy. Furthermore, no matter how good the coffee is, I refuse to step behind the orange curtain to get it.

I am in same boat but using a Raggy with a Bimby. Work very well but the Raggy does want a Yggy.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #28,259 of 145,577
Here is an idea:

An upgraded Asgard, adding a few additional inputs and outputs, in a Freya-sized case. Call it the Asgard 2+ preamplifier. ( Schiits first class A preamplifier with integrated headphone amp).

It would be a great mate to the upcoming 25 watt class A, two channel amplifier. :darthsmile:

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #28,260 of 145,577
Jason, have you ever considered using torx or torx plus screws? At least on the front and top sides? I know that Philips screws are cheaper, but torx looks much better. The overall "industrial" style of your products looks really good, but screw heads are a weak point (in terms of aesthetics). This might be acceptable for entry-level products, but looks cheap when used on a more expensive products like Vidar, Gungnir and others. Look how good are screws on modern pocket knives, for example.

Also, usage of torx plus, torx security (or anything like that) helps to keep some people out of disassembling electronics for curiosity. Those, who know what they are doing would already have proper tools anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back