Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #28,202 of 151,258
Oh yes. Book 6 of Malazan BOTF was a doozey. One of my favorite series in years.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #28,205 of 151,258
ORT's demands have been heard. Behold, Schiit's new launch:

Heimdallr, (named after the World-Brightener god). It's a 2-in-1 VU meter and red LED upgrade which fits just about every Schiit device.

Yours for $49 (installed by Schiit) or $24 (self-installed, if you don't mind voiding your warranty).

Can I have the arrow in a royal blue...?

Because I can not delete.
Because I cannot desist....:ksc75smile:

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #28,206 of 151,258
FIRST CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

I have to share my story on why Schiit Audio will continue to separate itself from the rest of the Field.

I purchased a used Mjolnir from a reputable Dealer. The listing stated that the Amp was 100% checked out and had no issues. However, when I received my Mjolnir it had a low level hum in the right channel. I posted here and asked if anyone had thoughts and before I could take Rowethren's advice to contact Schiit Support, Jason E-Mailed me and said if I wanted them to take a look, they could. (I didn't want to send it back where I purchased because I didn't trust them and I wanted Jason's Team to repair the Amp.

12/4/17: Jason's E-Mail said I could start the process at Schiit.com/contact/service. I filled out the Form and on the same day, I received an E-Mail with the Return Authorization Number.
12/7/17: I received an E-Mail from Schiit stating they received my Mjolnir. They would test and let me know what the repair would be. I explained I was the 2nd owner and Schiit stated they would get me an Estimate.
12/13/17: I received an E-Mail with the Estimate for the repair ($80.00) very fair!!
12/18/17: Repair completed!!! I paid the Invoice.
12/19/17: I received another E-Mail stating my Mjolnir was on the way and they provided the FedEx Tracking #
12/23/17: I received my repaired Mjolnir!!! It is a beast!! Awesome!! Sounds amazing!!

Again this is Customer Service at its best with the constant communication. You can't ask for more.

This is how Jason and his Team handled a non-warrantable repair.

Jason truely cares about his Customers and the performance of ALL of his products

Thank You!!
Last week, I also experienced the excellent customer service at Schiit. My original Modi Multibit arrived without a serial number sticker. Mr. Garcia & Ms. Zeman sorted it out within a week... and I had zero downtime. I appreciate Schiit treating me like a trusted adult. Thanks, eh.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #28,207 of 151,258
Please tell me the announcement is light roast coffee at the Schiitr. Please, please please. Verve has a fantastic subscription service that would make the Schiitr 110% better. (They have one dark roast and one french roast, which is a specific variety of dark roast. Both are terrible. Avoid.) My favorite is the 1950, though Seabright is the default "your aunt would like it" blend. Both are very easily likable. The single origin ones are brighter (think about an Audeze fan talking about HD800's 6khz spike for some approximation of the experience of these to the uninitiated).

I'm tepid about blue bottle's beans, though their book is amazing (and designed by a former roommate). I drink their coffee when I'm in Venice and care to walk over to Abbot Kinney. Four Barrel is dealing with its own sexual harassment scandal, and is either changing its name to the Tide (which sounds like laundry detergent), becoming employee owned, or is going out of business entirely. Ritual is the last a-list coffee I would recommend, though they seem to focus so much on single-origin coffees as to be unsuitable. Reveille is great in-store (I love both the Castro location and the one in North Beach) but the coffee prices are just a little too expensive to justify. Sightglass never made much of an impression on me.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #28,208 of 151,258
Please tell me the announcement is light roast coffee at the Schiitr. Please, please please. Verve has a fantastic subscription service that would make the Schiitr 110% better. (They have one dark roast and one french roast, which is a specific variety of dark roast. Both are terrible. Avoid.) My favorite is the 1950, though Seabright is the default "your aunt would like it" blend. Both are very easily likable. The single origin ones are brighter (think about an Audeze fan talking about HD800's 6khz spike for some approximation of the experience of these to the uninitiated).

I'm tepid about blue bottle's beans, though their book is amazing (and designed by a former roommate). I drink their coffee when I'm in Venice and care to walk over to Abbot Kinney. Four Barrel is dealing with its own sexual harassment scandal, and is either changing its name to the Tide (which sounds like laundry detergent), becoming employee owned, or is going out of business entirely. Ritual is the last a-list coffee I would recommend, though they seem to focus so much on single-origin coffees as to be unsuitable. Reveille is great in-store (I love both the Castro location and the one in North Beach) but the coffee prices are just a little too expensive to justify. Sightglass never made much of an impression on me.
Perhaps bring your own beans to the Schiitr?
Blue Bottle has sold out to Nestlé.
Two others to try in San Francisco are Saint Frank and Wrecking Ball.
Sightglass has quite a variety of beans (at 7th Street shop). Which have you tried?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #28,209 of 151,258
You guys like to read fantasy novels I see.....

I no longer subscribe to nor buy, John Asskissin's Stereopile magazine. :L3000:

I do enjoy Robert Harley's TAS but take a great deal of it as just what you said, "fantasy", albeit more novella than novel. Robert is a good man whom I have met and call friend. No, we're not great buds but I found no deceit in him..Asskissin on the other hand is foul. He is no writer, more a typist. Make that a "copy typist".

Back on topic. My brother likes his Vali 2. It is getting him to listen to his music on CD and records again. Sweet!

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #28,210 of 151,258
Back on topic. My brother likes his Vali 2. It is getting him to listen to his music on CD and records again. Sweet!
Well done enabling your brother's music listening again, Mr. ORT. You are the Toadish Enabler!

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #28,211 of 151,258
I no longer subscribe to nor buy, John Asskissin's Stereopile magazine. :L3000:

I do enjoy Robert Harley's TAS but take a great deal of it as just what you said, "fantasy", albeit more novella than novel. Robert is a good man whom I have met and call friend. No, we're not great buds but I found no deceit in him..Asskissin on the other hand is foul. He is no writer, more a typist. Make that a "copy typist".

He needs a new tube. The stock is fine but you can spend $42 on this one and evidently, the more Amazon sells the more money they lose so help put the monstrosity out of business ....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1DDKNM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Genalex Gold Lion E88CC gold pin

I can't really tell the difference but I enjoy the expensive one more and imagine all sorts of magic as I listen to it.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #28,213 of 151,258
He needs a new tube. The stock is fine but you can spend $42 on this one and evidently, the more Amazon sells the more money they lose so help put the monstrosity out of business ....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1DDKNM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Genalex Gold Lion E88CC gold pin

I can't really tell the difference but I enjoy the expensive one more and imagine all sorts of magic as I listen to it.

I will let him know about this and if he wants one, I will getthim one. He likes tube stuff a lot as it is vintage cool.,
My eyes hurt right now so I'm not going to spend the time to correct my errors, LOL!!
Thank you!

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #28,214 of 151,258
Don't get that tube...it sucks almost as bad as what Schiit gives you.

I would get a 5670 to 6922 adapter and buy a Western Electric 396A tube. You will be amazed with the sound.

Here is the adapter:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1piece-Gol...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If you want to find a good WE396A, just let me know and I will bid one up on eBay. If you can't find on there, I have I will sell you.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #28,215 of 151,258
Don't get that tube...it sucks almost as bad as what Schiit gives you.

I would get a 5670 to 6922 adapter and buy a Western Electric 396A tube. You will be amazed with the sound.

Here is the adapter:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1piece-Gol...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If you want to find a good WE396A, just let me know and I will bid one up on eBay. If you can't find on there, I have I will sell you.

Thank you too. I just spoke with him on the phone and mentioned your and inmytaxi's recommendations and he said he wants to hold off on any tube swapping because he just wants to enjoy the music first and when he is familiar with the amp (he is more open to such things than I) then he will begin to think about changing tubes. He did worry about putting the tube in there as he did not want it to break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back