Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #26,476 of 153,043
OK, I wish and have the faith you will have your stack up and running in no time.

Me too ... I paid for expedited shipping ... and am losing my prime listening/evaluation time.

Hopefully they'll restart the 15 day clock with the replacement, and do an advanced replacement like when SoundStageDirect sends me warped vinyl.

About 25% of the vinyl I've ordered from them has been warped/defective ... but they always cover shipping both ways and send an advanced replacement to minimize down time.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #26,477 of 153,043
I would consider it a trend if they sold 20 units in the time period ... 10% failure rate is high.

Submitted support request. I have always had excellent response times and quality responses from Schiit customer service.

Yep...

And if they sell 2000 in the time period it is .10%...

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #26,479 of 153,043
Yep...

And if they sell 2000 in the time period it is .10%...

My SN is in the 3000s ... I doubt they've sold 2000 in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe 200 ... and that would only be 1%. We don't know, hence the posited question.

I received a response from Nick within 33 minutes of submitting support request. :thumbsup:

I will follow up with my support and return experience when the process is completed.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #26,481 of 153,043
My SN is in the 3000s ... I doubt they've sold 2000 in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe 200 ... and that would only be 1%. We don't know, hence the posited question.

I received a response from Nick within 33 minutes of submitting support request. :thumbsup:

I will follow up with my support and return experience when the process is completed.
Still I think this should have been your first step instead of going public.
I don't see this forum as an extension of Schiits helpdesk.
In MY opinion this is simply not the place for it.
And this will be the last I write about this topic.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #26,482 of 153,043
Update:

Within 1 hour and 21 minutes of submitting my support request:

Laura from Schiit sent a pre-paid FedEx shipping label for the return my Mimby.

It looks like Schiit will cover all of the shipping costs, but I will have to wait for them to receive the defective unit before they send the replacement, and my replacement will be sent via standard FedEx Ground.

For a support department that doesn't work weekends ... the response time from Schiit is impressive.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #26,483 of 153,043
Still I think this should have been your first step instead of going public.
I don't see this forum as an extension of Schiits helpdesk.
In MY opinion this is simply not the place for it.
And this will be the last I write about this topic.

Agree 100% with that. There is no need to post here first, none. All the arguments given are not applicable to Schiit or that product at all. Go to Schiit directly for support when you have an issue, experience their cusotmer service and THEN post about that experience, rather than the other way around.

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #26,484 of 153,043
Two issues at play:

- Customer Service...which was handled in an exemplary manner (as usual).

- A question regarding a possible Failure Rate increasing for the Mimby. IMO, reporting equipment failures on a thread in a factual, respectful manner is simply posting data points. Over time, the trend will become evident (or not). To say that we should not make each other aware of any manufacturer's failures (or successes) on Head-Fi is not a reasonable ask (again imo). To impose this constraint on posting turns the thread into a marketing tool for the manufacturer and not an information exchange...and greatly diminishes the value of the thread.

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #26,486 of 153,043
Here's how things go: anything can break. When it does, we make it right.

The new helpdesk system has already been well-received here and is increasing coordination between support and orders. It also allows us to respond instantly with a "hey, yeah, we got your message" and a ticket number, so there will be a record of your interaction and no chance of being lost in the shuffle anymore. Hopefully, that will address any shortcomings of support in the future.

And, by the way, for infant mortality such as being discussed, we don't wait until your product is back to ship the replacement. But we *do* wait until it has been received by the shipper. Not that anything will be going out today or tomorrow, in any case.

There haven't been any more than the typical number of failures with Modi Multibit lately, by the way.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #26,487 of 153,043
33 minute response from tech and then a post directly from Jason.

It does not get any better than that...

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #26,488 of 153,043
Completely agree ... I've settled on GE 5670 tubes with the MJ2, which are excellent IMO.

You have settled on the worst sounding 5670 tube I have heard. The best in my setup is the Western Electric "JW" 2C51 and 396A tubes. They cost about $100 per pair. You can get Tung-Sol 2C51 tubes that sound almost as good for $35 a pair. The old GE 5 Star triple mica 5670 tubes sound better too and cost about $30 per pair. You will need to buy a pair of adapters to use these tubes in the MJ2, but it is worth it. The WE tubes I mentioned were better than any 6922 tube I have owned. That includes a bunch of Siemens and Telefunken CCa tubes.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #26,489 of 153,043
Here's how things go: anything can break. When it does, we make it right.

The new helpdesk system has already been well-received here and is increasing coordination between support and orders. It also allows us to respond instantly with a "hey, yeah, we got your message" and a ticket number, so there will be a record of your interaction and no chance of being lost in the shuffle anymore. Hopefully, that will address any shortcomings of support in the future.

And, by the way, for infant mortality such as being discussed, we don't wait until your product is back to ship the replacement. But we *do* wait until it has been received by the shipper. Not that anything will be going out today or tomorrow, in any case.

There haven't been any more than the typical number of failures with Modi Multibit lately, by the way.

The other thing that posting our product experiences/information/data does...when you're dealing with a firm that is an 'Open Brand'...is that it begets the type of response Jason just posted.

Which, to me anyway, is highly useful information. It not only re-affirms my Schiit purchases but assures me that things are still good in Schiitsville and I can continue to purchase additional products with confidence.

33 minute response from tech and then a post directly from Jason.

It does not get any better than that...

Agreed! :beerchug:

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #26,490 of 153,043
By the way, a few more comments on the helpdesk, since I'm in the office this weekend (going through some metal drawings, as we transition more fully to stamping.)

1. I was surprised by how easy it was to set up, and our staff has (unprompted) said that they really like it. "We should have done this long ago," said Nick. This is a very good sign. Systems that people hate never work. No matter how many "consultants" and "customizations" you throw at them.

2. Right now, anything coming in at info@schiit.com is automatically turned into a ticket in the system, and emailed to both tech support persons and both shipping persons, as well as Alex and I, who are admins. In Alex's case, and in my case, this is a short-term thing (I hope) so we can see how everything is working. In the long term, both Alex and I have complete transparency with respect to what's coming in and how it's getting handled, literally anywhere (there's a very nice phone app for the system.)

3. I'm letting the system settle over the weekend, but next week we will probably be folding orders@schiit.com into the same system as well. At that time, theoretically we can route tickets from orders@schiit.com to the two correct people, and tickets from info@schiit.com to the other two correct people. There's a reasonable amount of contamination on the info@schiit.com side, because many people simply don't read "hey, email orders@schiit.com for information about your order, or placing an order," so this won't be perfect.

4. In the future, there is the possibility of some light automation (detecting if people are asking about an order, for instance, and routing that to the right people, or even looking up the status of an order.) This is blue-sky stuff at the moment, but we'll see how far it goes.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back