Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #26,461 of 151,476
Of course, once you HAVE heard the MJ2, you will want to consider some headphones ... like the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open ... excellent pairing IMO.
My Mjolnir 2 sounds great with Mr. Speakers Ether C. :)

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #26,464 of 151,476
Are Schiit Modi Multibits experiencing a higher than normal failure rate lately?

My new Mimby just died after only 3 days of use. Last night was the first time I left it on overnight ... this morning it just shut off by itself. SOOOOOO HOT to the touch.

Someone else just recently posted a failure after 24 hours ...

=(

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #26,465 of 151,476
My Mimby has been turned on and working fine for:

TaJsYFO.png

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #26,466 of 151,476
That's not too bad, I still need 4 more Vidar...
How about regular central heating?
Are Schiit Modi Multibits experiencing a higher than normal failure rate lately?

My new Mimby just died after only 3 days of use. Last night was the first time I left it on overnight ... this morning it just shut off by itself. SOOOOOO HOT to the touch.

=(
Don't fuel a non-existing "common" problem.
This does happen to literary every appareil made by humans and working on electricity once in a while.
The chances of you reading this on this forum are extremely high as everybody using Schiit posts here.
If you ask if life is getting darker on a blind peoples forum you'll get the same chances.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #26,467 of 151,476
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #26,470 of 151,476
Please be courteous and solve this with Schiit's helpdesk.
I'm not writing about you but there will be morons out there who will tear this out of context just for the trolling heck of it.

I disagree ...

Why So Many Ford Focus RS Owners Are Freaking Out About Failing Head Gaskets
https://jalopnik.com/why-so-many-ford-focus-rs-owners-are-freaking-out-about-1820280550

Reporting failures on forums provides validation for those who also have failures. Increased numbers of people reporting failures can indicate a fault in the product.

Head gaskets ...

I'm a Subaru guy ... and build PCs... I've replaced faulty head gaskets due to known widespread manufacturer defects ... and replaced motherboards due to known bad batches of caps ...

Subaru and Dell tried to suppress both of these known defects ... forums validated that it wasn't the owners' figments of imagination.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #26,471 of 151,476
I disagree ...

Why So Many Ford Focus RS Owners Are Freaking Out About Failing Head Gaskets
https://jalopnik.com/why-so-many-ford-focus-rs-owners-are-freaking-out-about-1820280550

Reporting failures on forums provides validation for those who also have failures. Increased numbers of people reporting failures can indicate a fault in the product.

Head gaskets ...

I'm a Subaru guy ... and build PCs... I've replaced faulty head gaskets due to known widespread manufacturer defects ... and replaced motherboards due to known bad batches of caps ...

Subaru and Dell tried to suppress both of these known defects ... forums validated that it wasn't the owners' figments of imagination.
I don't think Schiit will suppress anything.
They're just not that kind of people.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #26,472 of 151,476

=(

Schiit sells a schiit load of Mimby's, I would not consider two to be a trend.

Contact them on the new customer service line and I bet they fix you right up...

:L3000:

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #26,473 of 151,476
I don't think Schiit will suppress anything.
They're just not that kind of people.

I don't think they will either ... the point is forums are a source of validation that an issue may be afoot.

I merely posited a question ... are Schiit Modi Multibits experiencing a higher than normal failure rate lately?

Maybe they got a bad batch of power supplies, caps, who knows.

I'm sure they'll take care of it.

Support request submitted through the website.

I was going to post today about how easy the installation went with Windows 10 ... I've seen posts saying otherwise due to driver issues, but mine installed easier than most USB keyboards.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #26,474 of 151,476
Schiit sells a schiit load of Mimby's, I would not consider two to be a trend.

Contact them on the new customer service line and I bet they fix you right up...

:L3000:

I would consider it a trend if they sold 20 units in the time period ... 10% failure rate is high.

Submitted support request. I have always had excellent response times and quality responses from Schiit customer service.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #26,475 of 151,476
I don't think they will either ... the point is forums are a source of validation that an issue may be afoot.

I merely posited a question ... are Schiit Modi Multibits experiencing a higher than normal failure rate lately?

Maybe they got a bad batch of power supplies, caps, who knows.

I'm sure they'll take care of it.

Support request submitted through the website.

I was going to post today about how easy the installation went with Windows 10 ... I've seen posts saying otherwise due to driver issues, but mine installed easier than most USB keyboards.
OK, I wish and have the faith you will have your stack up and running in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back