Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #25,906 of 150,840
Oct 23, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #25,908 of 150,840
On a similar subject, my wife, bless her, was looking at old classic southern sayings, (moonshine and such) anyway getting back on topic: "that guy was so full of Schiit 'ya could give 'em an enema and bury him in a shoe box!"

(insert troll's name) :L3000::beerchug:....... .aaand....

How has this wise saying escaped me for 6 decades?

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #25,912 of 150,840
You can't really base a tube amp off of a solid state amp. Vali and Lyr are tube amps. Magni and Jot are SS. Jot is a very flexible product and not in the Lyr space.
Vali and Lyr (tubed) are hybrids, maybe domes is thinking of having the output stages from the mentioned SS amps as the outputs of the hybrids?

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #25,913 of 150,840
There's no real advance on Vali 2--it already uses a unique current-feedback stage that is designed for a tube front-end and does not require interstage coupling capacitors. It's a really neat topology, and already has the advantages of a current-feedback approach.

Now, throwing a whole lot of money at a Vali 2, to address the limitations of its current architecture (that are not addressable due to size, heat, or budget constraints) is a whole 'nother thing, and I'm sure we'll take a look at that. No guarantee it'll become a product, though. We still have to see how it performs, and how it sounds.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 24, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #25,914 of 150,840
Early on, Mike processed some tracks to demonstrate what The Gadget did, and gave them to me (and a few others) as files. It's possible we could do this again, but (I think) we'd have to actually go through the ASCAP licensing, if the demo tracks were going to be widely available. It's best to ask Mike about this on his thread, maybe we can make this happen.

Finally! Who cares about copyright on youtube? They'll pay the owners on their end, otherwise you might as well use royalty-free music?

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #25,915 of 150,840
Thank you Jason! Just thought it would be a cool product but of course had no idea of the feasibility. I have an Asgard 2 and recently upgraded to Modi Multibit from Modi 1, which are awesome. The Eitr will be next purchase for me. You guys are the best.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #25,916 of 150,840
Thank you Jason! Just thought it would be a cool product but of course had no idea of the feasibility. I have an Asgard 2 and recently upgraded to Modi Multibit from Modi 1, which are awesome. The Eitr will be next purchase for me. You guys are the best.

No worries. Like I said, we play with lots of stuff, it's just that a lot of them don't make it to production. (Mainly because they aren't worth it.) Vali 2 is a design I looked at just a little while ago, with the thought of going to split rails to eliminate the output coupling capacitor. But the way Vali 2's topology works, you're just opening a whole giant can of worms if you do that (mainly due to operating points.) As with most things, there are ways around it, but they're not feasible at Vali 2's size and cost.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #25,917 of 150,840
Ahem. Since we are talking about possible future products, I'd like to put in a request for a Balance control on the forthcoming, fully-balanced Equalizer. Pretty please. With sugar on top. It would make everything just exactly perfect. Thank you.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #25,918 of 150,840
Jason,

While the thread seems to be about people's wish lists at the moment, is there any chance that you might change the programming of your devices to use a USB connector rather than the RJ-45 jack currently used to allow the end user to perform updates from home?

JC

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #25,919 of 150,840
Jason,

While the thread seems to be about people's wish lists at the moment, is there any chance that you might change the programming of your devices to use a USB connector rather than the RJ-45 jack currently used to allow the end user to perform updates from home?

JC

Why not just use the RJ-45? Adapters are cheap and serial AICs are cheap too if you don't have a legacy system laying around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back