Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #24,691 of 152,546
It has nothing to do with finding a better restaurant, but having a variety of excellent ones to choose from. It would be horribly boring going to the same restaurant all the time, even it it was my "favorite." In addition to having a list of favorite restaurants we go to, my wife and I often try new ones just to see how they are. Some are good and we possibly go back, others, are a one-and-done affair.
Maybe using restaurants is a bad analogy.
Maybe for you it is. See, when I had a favorite restaurant ( the owner retired and closed it), it wasn't just about the food. It was about a relationship with the owner and the staff. It was about enjoying the entire experience. My wife and I went there once or twice a week for 15 years. It was good, comfortable, familiar, and always felt like home away from home. Maybe that's why I kept a pair of speakers for 20 years. Once I find something I like, I stick with it for a long time.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #24,692 of 152,546
Will there be a Modi 3 being released in the next few weeks or months?

There's been no specific indications of that, however Jason did say there would be another announcement coming on the 26th I believe - could be anything.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #24,693 of 152,546
So this discussion has again brought me back to a point I tend to repeat over and over. Audio, like food, is subjective. Using the exact same ingredients three chefs might come up with three different tasting dishes. The one I like might be the one you hate. But all three were prepared with the same expertise, the same care, the same parts. Audio is like that - designers all use the same parts, the same sort of professionalism, the same theories and science, yet the results can be very different. And then we users like what we like, and not all of us agree. So keep trying things. You never know what your opinion might be... and what's beautiful for one listener may or may not be for anyone else.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #24,694 of 152,546
There's been no specific indications of that, however Jason did say there would be another announcement coming on the 26th I believe - could be anything.
I think there's a reason Jason doesn't flinch when asked about a Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for use with the Ragnarok.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was something in that direction.
@Jason Stoddard : Can you comment on a contraption like that?
Would Schiit ever build such a thing?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #24,695 of 152,546
I think there's a reason Jason doesn't flinch when asked about a Passive Pre-stage Tube Buffer for use with the Ragnarok.

Yeah that's how it works. If you ask for it over and over again, and Jason doesn't reply, it means it's coming very soon.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #24,697 of 152,546
Yeah that's how it works. If you ask for it over and over again, and Jason doesn't reply, it means it's coming very soon.

Good! I see a pair of Schiity KT-120/150 single ended mono blocks in my near future!

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #24,698 of 152,546
I had know idea Amsterdam was known for hamburgers. Woah.

Burgermeester hamburgers, Stroopwafels from the Albert Cuyp market, and the Concertgebouw bar should be on the top of any Amsterdam visit to-do list.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the papas fritas with "Crazy American Sauce" (ketchup) ... :laughing:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #24,699 of 152,546
Burgermeester hamburgers, Stroopwafels from the Albert Cuyp market, and the Concertgebouw bar should be on the top of any Amsterdam visit to-do list.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the papas fritas with "Crazy American Sauce" (ketchup) ... :laughing:
Wow. Amsterdam is climbing up the list for travel!!

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #24,703 of 152,546
Unless I'm crazy there was a certain reference in Jason's chapter about Magni 3 that has since been edited out. An anomaly, a slip or a sneaky hint at what's coming on the 26th? Who knows?

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #24,704 of 152,546
@Jason Stoddard : Can you comment on a contraption like that?
Would Schiit ever build such a thing?

Hey Doc- Take two Vidars and call me in the morning. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back