Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 29, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #20,552 of 151,250
I get it.
Now reading you're a handicapped I think we found the first test subject to stick a fork in the head.
No way you can run can't you?
So we meet there. You bring Krall, I bring the fork. :head_bandage:

Yup. I am the guy you bring along on a bear hunt. You do not have to out run the bear, just the toad. :ksc75smile:

Diana Krall is a babe and I all so enjoy the music of her husband. Some people dislike that which they have heard too often. I can under stand that but really now...Putting up a sign is a tad sophomoric. One supposes it is a vainglorious attempt to appeal to the nuevo-hipster crowd of music/equipment enthusiasts that lack a sense of humor except when they try to belittle someone, albeit lamely so (NOTE: I did not say ------------). Do toads have external ears?

I will be in Sheol for that one...

May 29, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #20,553 of 151,250
I miss the popcorn emoji...

:triportsad:

May 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #20,555 of 151,250
I apologize. *Play on words ALERT!!!!* If no one here is talking Schiit, are we not allowed to shoot the poop?

I think I feel a fork in me. Yeah...I be done. Please good sir, discuss Schiit equipment with those of like mind. Enjoy!
Thank you.

"Shoot the poop".
That's poetry.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #20,556 of 151,250
I like Diana Krall. Puts on a great concert, good band, excellent dialogue with audience. It might even be entertainment. To be safe I'll throw in: and not at ear splitting levels. Oh, to be double safe I like Elvis Costello too......oh my.:beyersmile::L3000: I didn't hear her once at AXPONA....

May 29, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #20,557 of 151,250
Yes that's her.
She's married to Elvis Costello. One of my heroes.
Costello I know but I must admit I have never even heard one Diana Krall song.
I only know the name because of the FREE ZONE thing. If what you want is a full room, I suggest you put her in it.
If Elvis puts up with her the singing can`t be all that bad either.

I do like the idea of bring your own music.
Just be prepared to tell people that 96kb/s mp3 is not what you meant by music.

May 29, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #20,558 of 151,250
I do like the idea of bring your own music.
Just be prepared to tell people that 96kb/s mp3 is not what you meant by music.

A good (FLAC) rendering of "It's a holiday in Cambodia" by the Dead Kennedy's will do no harm though.

May 29, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #20,559 of 151,250
:beerchug:
I miss the popcorn emoji...

:triportsad:

upload_2017-5-29_15-8-23.png
:beerchug:

May 29, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #20,561 of 151,250
Holy Schiit that`s Diana Krall?
She must be horrible at singing.
Are you saying that without having heard her? No, she is a very good singer.

I remember when her recordings started appearing in the 1990's and receiving praise from the jazz community. Her success is for the most part deserved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Krall

The hate on her in this thread is about repetitious, ubiquitous recordings used by audiophile manufacturers, not Krall's music in particular.

May 29, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #20,562 of 151,250
Flight of the Concords - "Ladies Of The World". Why? Because it is highlarioius.Stooopid funneee.

Dammit! I posted when I said was not going to...Bad DeadToad.

"Sidi Monsoor" by Beirut Biloma.

Personally I enjoy even more the theme (based on "Sidi Monsoor") from the little known romantic comedy, "Sabah". Of course I realize that I am a troll and an ass (HEY! how about I lets good ol' slefty call me an "asstroll"? Get it? Ass troll...ass hole... asstroll. He is such a charmer.

As an as stroll (I coined a new one!) have no taste in music nor equipment or any thing that good ol' slefty can come up with. What does a toad when you piss it off? It pees on you. Big scary deal slefty, you bully you. Meanie. I am curling into a toilet boa shaped fecal position as i write this....*SNIFFLE*

"Sidi Monsoor" and the film "Sabah" are too good for you, you meanie! I need to get my Schiit together.

Bad DEADTOAD!

May 29, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #20,563 of 151,250

I remember when her recordings started appearing in the 1990's and receiving praise from the jazz community. Her success is for the most part deserved.

The hate on her in this thread is about repetitious, ubiquitous recordings used by audiophile manufacturers, not Krall's music in particular.
I concur.
I think Krall is a victim of the "Privileged, Old, Rich, Tone Deaf, Musically Impaired, Knob Head Blue Pill Swallowing, See What Hi-End I can Afford" public we see are the pathetic key clients of the Bizz.

May 29, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #20,564 of 151,250

Not at all I just feel that it would be really unfair toward other people to look like that AND sing like an angel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back