Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 29, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #20,581 of 150,446
http://www.metersmusic.com/MetersMusic/meters-ov-1-tan.html

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

I must have them! Superb! Perfect for Sessions with Sinatra or Evenings with Ella or Time out with The Turtles in "The Lair of The Toad"! Damn. Those things are tits!

$355 American? I will begin saving. No Schiit. Those are suhweeeeeeeet!

If Elvis were a toad he would be the first to say, "Thankewveruhmuch!" Since he is not and he is dead, I said it.

No. Really. Those are so COOL! Book marking that page NOW!

Thank you brother!

This is turning out to be your day! Did you see this?
http://www.metersmusic.com/MetersMusic/meters-cubed.html

I'm still kicking myself for not getting one of the special edition Master & Dynamic MH40's with the black and white leather even though the tan still looks classic.

May 29, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #20,582 of 150,446
Holy Schiit that`s Diana Krall?
She must be horrible at singing.

Not horrible, just boring and overplayed. If her albums weren't so well recorded you'd probably never hear her at any audio show. I agree with Mike Foley about the music. Last year the two LPs I played in rooms were Sublime's last album (before Bradley Knowles died) and Samantha Crain's Under Branch and Thorn and Tree. Every room we played them in ended up packed, and with people listening instead of talking about audio stuff.

May 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #20,583 of 150,446
Her success is for the most part deserved.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Krall
Note that I had qualified my comment with "for the most part". Diana Krall's talent is real but her level of success isn't possible without also being attractive.

On a related note, for years I dismissed the classical pianist Yuja Wang and never listened to her music because she was always pictured on posters and ads in skimpy outfits. I assumed it was a typical case of marketing someone of questionable talent who happens to be young, attractive, and exotic (Asian).

18WANG-videoLarge.jpg

But then some videos of her went viral and I discovered that, holy Schiit she is the real deal.

Many of her recordings are of works that show off virtuosity, but she has also shown that she can play with sensitivity and musicality.

71e9wVZh%2BdL._SX522_.jpg

May 29, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #20,585 of 150,446
The other one has been almost dead for a couple of days now, you might like it!

99% of this stuff should posted in other threads. So yes, I do like the other thread being quiet versus being the "Pietro Cozzi Tinin Blog". I also wish this thread had more Jason content or at least more Schiit content....

May 29, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #20,586 of 150,446
May 29, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #20,587 of 150,446
99% of this stuff should posted in other threads. So yes, I do like the other thread being quiet versus being the "Pietro Cozzi Tinin Blog". I also wish this thread had more Jason content or at least more Schiit content....

I agree, this is getting out of hand. Can we please get back on topic? I'm thinking of picking up a Jotunheim at the Schiitr later this year. Hopefully by then they will have built up a bigger collection of speakers and headphones to demo. If the Schiitr experiment goes well, I would think companies would be lining up to have their products exhibited. I'd be curious if Jason could share where the gear came from today, if they bought all of the headphones and speakers, received them for free to demo, or if there's any sort of cross-promotion thing? I've noticed Mr. Speakers will sell you a Ragnarok on their website, for instance.

May 29, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #20,588 of 150,446

So do we. Ummm...I am not speaking in plurals of majesty. By we, I mean "us" and by "us" I mean lots of us.

tumblr_mv8cgaYG0t1r8ptvvo1_500.jpg

Yes. The FARCE is strong in me.

May 29, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #20,589 of 150,446
Note that I had qualified my comment with "for the most part". Diana Krall's talent is real but her level of success isn't possible without also being attractive.

On a related note, for years I dismissed the classical pianist Yuja Wang and never listened to her music because she was always pictured on posters and ads in skimpy outfits. I assumed it was a typical case of marketing someone of questionable talent who happens to be young, attractive, and exotic (Asian).

18WANG-videoLarge.jpg

But then some videos of her went viral and I discovered that, holy Schiit she is the real deal.

Many of her recordings are of works that show off virtuosity, but she has also shown that she can play with sensitivity and musicality.

71e9wVZh%2BdL._SX522_.jpg

Valentina Lisitsa suffered the same fate somewhat early in her career too. A lot of people wrote her off because she was a babe and a half, but wow, can she play. Her Liszt and Chopin especially are wonderful. Same with the supremely talented Labèque sisters when they were young. No one cares how male performers look, but women are expected to be beautiful first, and talented second as far as record companies are concerned. Talent should always win out. Fortunately, these women were all gifted.

May 29, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #20,590 of 150,446
I'd love for someone to bring that, Maybe I should bring my original pressing of the LP?

8-Track?

Oh wait! No sense of humor.

As for those that want this back on track, get your fannies in here then and put up some Schiit relevant posts only. Sooner or later you will venture off the beaten path and it will not be me that reminds you that you are failing your sacred mission.

What ever.

TOADA

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #20,591 of 150,446
Valentina Lisitsa suffered the same fate somewhat early in her career too. A lot of people wrote her off because she was a babe and a half, but wow, can she play. Her Liszt and Chopin especially are wonderful. Same with the supremely talented Labèque sisters when they were young. No one cares how male performers look, but women are expected to be beautiful first, and talented second as far as record companies are concerned. Talent should always win out. Fortunately, these women were all gifted.

It seems to me that to be really successful as a female artist in certain genres of music (especially country), looks are required. While I don't care for country or pop music (which are probably the same thing anymore?), I do respect that a lot of popular female pop artists can be successful and not overly attractive. Modern rock music seems to suffer from this too. Unfortunately, I can't see a modern day Janis Joplin-type breaking out into the mainstream solely on her talent as a musician.

May 29, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #20,593 of 150,446

The one good thing about this new forum software is that when you put someone on your ignore list it completely eradicates them from your headfi experience. You don't see them being quoted, or their posts. Nadda.

May 29, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #20,594 of 150,446
How's this, you actually identify yourself by name, so I can tell everyone else in the room you are an internet troll and an ass, and I'll play your Diana Krall (but only on LP) even though there will actually be a sign in the room specifying clearly that we are a Diana Krall Free Zone..I'll make an exception just for you. You only need to identify yourself by name here first. Everyone here knows me by name. I make no effort to hide who I am.

I want someone here to tell me you wouldn't boink that !

May 29, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #20,595 of 150,446
No but you will:

1. Turn out deaf.
2. Build up a stupefying amount of earwax combined with other Schiit in your outer ear canal wich in time will reduce you hearing.
3. Have a chronic outer ear inflammation.
4. Be the first generation of guinea pigs we will try to cure from IEM related diseases up to and including some sorts of cancer.
5. Get mugged or overrun by a car, become socially inadequate and very lonely.

So nothing to worry about.
couldn't you limit it to being reasonably dramatic? or at least show how every single stuff we touch will kill us like the in the news. for example how every Stax user will get leukemia from the magnetic fields generated by the "high" voltage running in the cable, or how our head will change shape and at some point blow up like a pressed cantaloupe from any headphone clamping over the years. you know the usual stuff. ^_^

for 1. how loud and how long we listen to music and other sounds is the real problem.
for 2. unless we're talking spending half our life with the IEMs, for most people the profile of the ear canal and body heat will do the job of getting it all out just fine when we don't use the IEMs. sure it's not the best to put stuff into our ear canal, but almost everybody I know uses cotton swabs/buds the very way it should never be used, to "clean" the ear canal. so....
as far as I know people should be careful and if they end up with repeated otitis, should consider not doing what they're usually doing. which is your 3. changing tips often like it is recommended instead of keeping the same tips for over a year, not going from sewage to inside the ear can also be a good idea. cleaning the tips doesn't hurt. avoiding violent or excessive manipulation. taking breaks(like for absolutely anything in life), then we're usually pretty good.
4. the main problem is still excessive loudness because people have no self moderation. as for cancer, please be real for a second. almost everything you do and wear in a day is more likely to give you cancer than an IEM. I'll give this a "plz get real" trophy.
5. being overrun by a car, this one I can't contest. IEMs with strong isolation or simply people listening to music too loud are a danger to themselves. and it does require some sort of behavioral training and extra attention to stop assuming that because we hear no noise, there isn't a car coming.

as for "socially inadequate and very lonely". are you proud that crap? will you play the victim again next time someone reports your post?
Posting Etiquette

1. Be polite. We encourage debating in the forums, but avoid defamatory statements, personal attacks, racial slurs, name-calling, and cursing at others in the forums.

defamatory: see defame below.

defame: 1. disgrace; 2. to harm the reputation of by libel or slander.

libel: a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt.

slander: the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back