Schiit Gungnir DAC
Jan 29, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #3,227 of 7,050
Yep if blown definitely send back to schiit for troubleshooting

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #3,230 of 7,050
Yesterday the upgraded multibit Gungnir arrived. So how does it sound?

Like walking through a garden filled with many varieties of flowers, fruit trees and vegetables, where every bloom, every piece of fruit, every plant are perfectly shaped and ripe for the picking. Sweet scents filling the whole garden.

Is it worth $500? Hell yes!!

It was real nice that Schiit returned it in a new factory box. The shirt and coffee mugs were a nice touch.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3,231 of 7,050

Like walking through a garden filled with many varieties of flowers, fruit trees and vegetables, where every bloom, every piece of fruit, every plant are perfectly shaped and ripe for the picking. Sweet scents filling the whole garden.

It was real nice that Schiit returned it in a new factory box. The shirt and coffee mugs were a nice touch.

Great post!
I agree 100%.  The DAC gets better as it gets older, just like you and me :).

However, I didn't get no free stuff - I'd be happy with a travel mug.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #3,232 of 7,050

Great post!
I agree 100%.  The DAC gets better as it gets older, just like you and me :).

However, I didn't get no free stuff - I'd be happy with a travel mug.

You must not have entered Promo Code "MUCKNAJER"

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #3,233 of 7,050
The Schiit engineer who put his shirt and coffee mugs down somewhere then couldn't find them would like them back :p

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #3,234 of 7,050

You must not have entered Promo Code "MUCKNAJER"

No, I tried FREESCHIIT but it didn't work.  LOL.
Reply and get your 1000th post.  I just got mine tonight.  No better place to be, than talking Schiit.

Prosit -
RCB

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #3,235 of 7,050

Congratulations! I purchased the MJ2 in December and the Gungnir MB in January and just got 2 boxes filled with schiit. Not that I'm complaining. Music has never sounded so good. Enjoy.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3,236 of 7,050
After saving some cash for the last 5 months I have finally placed my Gumby order. The Gumby will be replacing my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD soundcard, so I am expecting to be absolutely floored. I can't wait to hear how the Gumby will sound paired with the Mjolnir 2!

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #3,237 of 7,050
After saving some cash for the last 5 months I have finally placed my Gumby order. The Gumby will be replacing my Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD soundcard, so I am expecting to be absolutely floored. I can't wait to hear how the Gumby will sound paired with the Mjolnir 2!

Congratulations!  You will love the sound.

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #3,238 of 7,050

You may wish to lay out some snacks on the floor, because once the Gumby puts you down there, you likely won't get up for a while.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #3,239 of 7,050

You may wish to lay out some snacks on the floor, because once the Gumby puts you down there, you likely won't get up for a while.

I've got the almonds and water ready, bathroom near by! (Hopefully it shows up by Saturday 
wink.gif
)

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #3,240 of 7,050
I really hope someone answers my question. Did not know where to ask so I put it here because this is about the Gungnir. I'm going to upgrade my DAC from Modi 2 Uber. Maybe even the amp later. I'm torn between the Gungnir Multibit or the Bifrost Multibit. If I upgrade the amp I'm leaning toward the Lyr 2 LISST. So I really don't need balanced but the SQ is my main concern. It will take a little longer to get the Gungnir because it cost more but that is fine for me. Once I do the upgrades then this is it. The headphones I will be using is HE-400i. Just got them. I feel the DAC is important in the line or,most important because it translates the signal. From digital to analog. I want the best bang for my buck. I'm using the Magni 2 Uber for a amp right now. I have been over the specs of the amps on the website and the specs of the Magni to the other amps is pretty good. However, I know that specs do not always relate to sound. But still could not help to compare. So if the difference between the sound SQ between the Gungnir and Bifrost Multibits is my concern. Thank you. One note I have been all around the site here and did not see anything on this. Bifrost Uber yes but not the BM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back