Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #766 of 1,697
also, not that i bought the F2 to use with my SE846, but if anyone out there was thinking of using them at their desk with this, forget about it. volume comes in in the left channel up until about 50% volume, and a tick higher than that is uncomfortably loud for home listening.

i'm still on the fence on this little device.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #767 of 1,697
  "An easy way to check is to connect the Fulla 2 to a computer after connecting the external power input and see what the computer shows as required power for the Fulla 2, if it reads other than 0mA you have the missing part.
  Nick T
Schiit Tech"

How do you check the power thing?

Hey, this might help you.

http://windowstipoftheday.blogspot.co.il/2010/11/windows-7-checking-usb-device-power.html

I got my F2 yesterday, and didn't have any success with My s7 on 6.0, G2 on 5.0, and my Nexus 7 running on CM14.1 with a custom kernel. tried a friends G3 on 6.0 and it didn't work too, but on the PC it does report 0mA consumption if you plug it to the pc with the second USB attached to a power source, and 500mA without it. used the Original little OTG adapter Samsung provides in the box and different cable, no success, might as well be android fragmentation.. IDK at this point.. didn't contact schiit as I don't really need it, just wanted to know if it works or not. otherwise the device seems to work fine. 

Might post my impressions with it later.. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #768 of 1,697
  "An easy way to check is to connect the Fulla 2 to a computer after connecting the external power input and see what the computer shows as required power for the Fulla 2, if it reads other than 0mA you have the missing part.
  Nick T
Schiit Tech"

I don't know on Windoze.  I presume you have to go into the registry (or with a registry tool) and dig around a bit.

With Linux, it should show up when you do "sudo lsusb -v > schiit.lst" and view schiit.lst and search for Schiit in all the info.  It will say 0 mA, 100 mA or 500 mA for the power requirements.

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #770 of 1,697
Is it possible the F2 would be to powerful for Fostex th-x00 ??? I was using the F2 with dt990 pro 250 ohm since i received it 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine. Today i bought a pair if th-x00 and the right driver seems to do a werd noice at high volume. Its like some white noise sound. If i use the F2 is dac out plugged into my yamaha rxa-1010 receiver its gone. Same for my old yamaha stereo receiver. Any idea ???

Edit : I also noticed a weird sound when i turn the Pot using the Fostex. Like if the pot would be old and dirty. On the same side as the other problem

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #771 of 1,697
Just a quick reminder that USB power reporting, at least on windows, is what the device reports it needs, not the actual power draw.  Also some of my computers don't have a "power" tab for the USB hubs, but most should.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #772 of 1,697
  Just a quick reminder that USB power reporting, at least on windows, is what the device reports it needs, not the actual power draw.  Also some of my computers don't have a "power" tab for the USB hubs, but most should.

Yes, and that's the point. You are checking what the Fulla 2 says it needs, when you power it prior to plugging it in. If it's powered, and it still says it needs 500mA, then you have a problem.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #773 of 1,697
Is it possible the F2 would be to powerful for Fostex th-x00 ??? I was using the F2 with dt990 pro 250 ohm since i received it 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine. Today i bought a pair if th-x00 and the right driver seems to do a werd noice at high volume. Its like some white noise sound. If i use the F2 is dac out plugged into my yamaha rxa-1010 receiver its gone. Same for my old yamaha stereo receiver. Any idea ???

Edit : I also noticed a weird sound when i turn the Pot using the Fostex. Like if the pot would be old and dirty. On the same side as the other problem

Yup after doing some A and B test many many times , there is a weird noice that going over the music on the right driver , only the right one .. and only on a few track ... playing the same track as loud and maybe louder , bypassing the fulla2's amp ( just using dac to my yamaha receiver ) and the noise is gone ...

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #775 of 1,697
No DSD. Only 24/96 because USB audio class 1, so I would assume it should work.

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #776 of 1,697
  Nick T
Schiit Tech"

Done it and it was reporting 0mA so the EU batch doesn't have the missing part. Love mine. Stayed up too late last night lost in music. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #777 of 1,697
Yesterday wasn't my lucky day.... After connecting my monitors to Fulla 2 preamp outputs one of my monitors stopped working (this happened after a few hours I heard one big explosion and then some little explosions from the monitor...Volume level was low btw..). This happened when I was listening music with the headphones so the preamp outputs was "deactivated" but the monitor was still on.

The other monitor is still working and perfectly so I think this has nothing to do with the Fulla preamp.

"But just in case"....The Fulla pre amp output is completely safe for monitors right? It doesn't add power etc right?

I'm using 3.5 mm to RCA UGREEN adapter to connect the monitors.

Anyway I'm on the bus going to send the monitor to the shop for warranty process!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #778 of 1,697
I just started to warm up the F2. Connecting direct to my Samsung Note Pro was no goal without ext power source, in this case a portable battery charger.

Taking the TH-X00 as first listening, the F2 pack a punch but no way better then m9xx's amp section. The quality of the lows at present is not much tighter then m9xx.

Will let it burn through and see any changes.

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #779 of 1,697
iDon't care about connecting Apple products so this was a hard read. But can someone hook a brother up....does this play 88.2khz and can it play DSD?

I cannot play DSD. No Schiit products play DSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back